Troubleshoot Windows 10 Many Freezes/Crashes/BSOD In The Past Few Days

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
My PC has been crashing a lot lately, and I want to fix that, but I'm not a professional at this. Last time my computer froze was today while playing a game of Town Of Salem on the Microsoft Edge browser. I know that you guys need a crash dump file, but I do not know how to locate it, can someone tell me so I can send it for further help? Please and thank you. Also tell me if you need anything other than the dump file. I'll try to respond as fast as possible.

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
Good news, it's a pass, also, I haven't gotten a blue screen yet... I did get a crash in the middle of a boot up though...

Upvote 0

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
Wow, this took me a while, Windows apparently needs an update, when I shut down, instead of the typical Shut Down button, it was Update & Shut Down

Upvote 0

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
I just booted up my pc for the first time after the windows update, it's only a black screen, with a cursor, and personalized settings tab at the top left. Is this normal after an update? EDIT: I waited 20 more seconds and its normal right now, don't worry about this post

Upvote 0

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
I have decided to replace my HDD because of reallocated sectors which is not fixable. Thanks for the help everyone tried to give. Mods can lock this forum now.

Reactions: Andytay70
Upvote 0

The BSOD

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 13, 2017
In case anyone has the same problem, I actually found the way to fix this. The problem wasn't something that you can fix with programs or such, but something physical with the computer. I had way too much dust in the PC itself which somehow caused the PC to freeze and such. If you encounter this exact problem, try cleaning your computer.

Reactions: frogboy and shmu26
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
In case anyone has the same problem, I actually found the way to fix this. The problem wasn't something that you can fix with programs or such, but something physical with the computer. I had way too much dust in the PC itself which somehow caused the PC to freeze and such. If you encounter this exact problem, try cleaning your computer.
Thanks for sharing the fix.
The build-up of dust, which is a very common problem, prevents air circulation, which in turn causes overheating. So things don't work quite right, and eventually, the computer shuts itself off, in order to prevent irreparable damage.

Dust can also cause your motherboard to short out, and then it's RIP. So keep it clean in there.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.