Here is image of what W10 did to one of my Toshiba systems:

Capture.PNG

mod edit

Reactions: frogboy
L

LabZero

Thread author
Ow!!
Save your data, format everything and reinstall a fresh Windows 10 by creating one/two data partitions.

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Ow!!
Save your data, format everything and reinstall a fresh Windows 10 by creating one/two data partitions.

Something is rotten. Used DiskPart to delete extra recovery partitions. Attempted W10 reset. Didn't work. Not sure what's wrong. Can't find technical infos to repair this situation... might have to go item-by-item down a very long list of "To Doooooz." Ehm, what a mess...

Upvote 0
L

LabZero

Thread author
Can you create a bootable USB device with W 10 ISO?
Turn off PC-insert the USB device-turn on PC-enter the Bios and select USB boot-now you can select data partitions to keep -format C and reinstall Windows.

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Something is rotten. Used DiskPart to delete extra recovery partitions. Attempted W10 reset. Didn't work. Not sure what's wrong. Can't find technical infos to repair this situation... might have to go item-by-item down a very long list of "To Doooooz." Ehm, what a mess...

normal, you deleted partitions , they had a specific position in the HDD , reset/restore were linked to this allocated position. (something related to Wim, etc...)

i had this issue when formatting my PC and installing Linux , after i couldnt use Reset/restore anymore. i found various guide to try to fix it but none avails.

Reactions: Ink
Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

Thread author
normal, you deleted partitions , they had a specific position in the HDD , reset/restore were linked to this allocated position. (something related to Wim, etc...)

i had this issue when formatting my PC and installing Linux , after i couldnt use Reset/restore anymore. i found various guide to try to fix it but none avails.

Yeah. I messed up. Will try partition recovery soft. If that doesn't work, then I'll have to get a copy of recovery media.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.