Windows 10 version 2004 rollout imminent

oldschool

Level 82
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
It resolved mostly by turning off wake on lan, however after a reboot or a shut down and fresh boot it won't go to sleep automatically until I force sleep for the first time. It's baffling.
Did you try turning off sleep altogether, switching fast startup from whatever setting it's at --> rebooting and reconfiguring sleep settings?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I just went to 'Check for updates' and was offered the 2004 update for my LG 17 inch laptop.

Now still installing.

1592393451262.png

Edit :- I learned something today and that is how to make the picture smaller :love:

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I thought chromium Edge was going to be integrated in 2004 but considering all the problems, better that it wasn't. :whistle::coffee:

An interesting note in the comments section about some past shenanigans of Microsoft's when it came to its proprietary browsers.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
The May 2020 Update for Windows 10 is causing a lot of headaches for a lot of users, and here's what everyone is complaining about the most.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
"When using some configurations, partition for Storage Spaces might show as RAW in Disk Manager," Microsoft explains in a support document published today. Microsoft also added a note marked as "Important," where it recommends users to avoid "running the chkdsk command on any device affected by this issue."

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Maybe I'll just stay with 1909 until the next upgrade after this comes along. Right now, this one is giving me bad memories of the Comodo IS disaster of a few months ago.

If a version is released that is having more than normal problems, it isn't ready for prime time. Fix it and then release it. We're the consumers, not the guinea pigs.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Maybe I'll just stay with 1909 until the next upgrade after this comes along. Right now, this one is giving me bad memories of the Comodo IS disaster of a few months ago.

If a version is released that is having more than normal problems, it isn't ready for prime time. Fix it and then release it. We're the consumers, not the guinea pigs.
I think it's wise to wait.

Let's see if after next Patch Tuesday most bugs are solved.

There are still a lot of issues here:
Nine issues listed as investigating and more issues mentioned here:
1909 has only two issues listed as investigating:

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
...just completed the clean (re-)install (after free upgrade) of Win10 on one of my laptops. The 1909 is (currently) running nice... ...but there are massive problems with the update 2004: lots of people are complaining about issues. Therefore i also decided to wait with the installation of version 2004... ...maybe until the next Patch Tuesday (July 2020).

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Why they do big updates if they have such a big problems every time? Even linux have more stable updates
When they announced win10, they declared to do so. In other words, they may be stuck in their remarks in the past.
Because I declared the meal time, I had to put the stew on the table even when it was just started boiling.🍲

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Windows 10 users find a new glitch with certain configurations, missed by Microsoft in testing the latest feature update.
... ...
"Devices using Storage Spaces might have issues using or accessing their Storage Spaces after updating to Windows 10, version 2004 (the May 2020 Update) and Windows Server, version 2004," Microsoft says in a new support note.

"When using some configurations, partition for Storage Spaces might show as RAW in Disk Manager."
Microsoft advised against running the 'chkdsk' command on any device affected by this issue.

The new warning follows multiple reports about Storage Space issues last week on Microsoft's Feedback Hub, as reported by Windows Latest at the time. Users received multiple error reports when attempting to use the Storage Spaces management interface after installing the feature update.

Others reported seeing corrupted partitions and damaged files in Storage Spaces' parity spaces feature for storage efficient archiving.
... ...

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Why they do big updates if they have such a big problems every time? Even linux have more stable updates
It's quite interesting.

W10 is probably the best version that MS has made IMHO, but it seems like they cannot figure out this major update cycle. I honestly don't know for sure why this has pretty much become the main theme with every major release, but I am starting to get the feeling that the "Windows" we know is getting long in the tooth. What I mean is, even with all of the changes they have made under the hood, Windows still holds on to very legacy tech. It's mostly for compatibility reasons, but it seems like it's finally getting to the point where it's coming back to haunt them. Getting rid of their QA team isn't helping things either.

Linux by comparison has no where near overhead that Windows does, nor the years upon years, of holding on to this or that just to keep holding on to something that very few people/businesses use. I mean for goodness sake, WHY is internet explorer, old edge and new edge a thing. It's sad in a way, it really is. There is absolutely no reason why Internet explorer is still installed for home users. I understand that some business need the old internet explorer, but at some point you have to move on. Personally I feel like MS enables the stupidity that we see when it comes to businesses and governments using legacy stuff. I get it that it costs money to upgrade and re-develop in-house solutions, but that's the cost of using technology. As long as MS continues to allow this, the more people go, meh, I don't need to spend money on IT, this still works.

Personally I think it's time for MS to throw out Windows and start over from scratch. Will there be complaining, yes, however things will move forward and eventually all of that complaining will be forgotten. MS also needs to rip out technology they are no longer supporting. If they aren't developing this or that anymore, it should be removed. Doesn't matter if 5 people want to use it.

Linux itself still has issues at times, but I agree, no where near the problems that MS is having with W10.

It was offered to me today via Windows Update but I paused it for the max 35 days. Then M$ gives you the scary yellow warning. My system is running great so no thank you.

It's sad that is has comes to this. Major updates should be exciting, oooh look at this new feature, or that. Instead it's like, please, pretty please don't destroy my system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuzzy_Bunny

Level 4
Sep 19, 2019

Looks like they work more on linux "stuff" then windows. Maybe we'll get new linux distro :p

What really make me angry, they make so much unnecessary novelties but god forbid make tabs in windows explorer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.