Windows 10 version 2004 rollout imminent

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
My power settings appears to have been changed unbeknownst to me, and I have fixed my slow startup/logon times by:
  • turning off all sleep functions
  • turning fast startup "Off" and then "On" again.
Things are back to normal again. I'm ready for the update when it's offered.
I think this can account for a lot of differences between performance for OS updates, and AVs for that matter. People on desktops do tend to have different experiences than those with more conservative power plans on laptops. I hate when anything messes with my power plan!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Incompatibility wit F.lux:
“We have been tracking an issue that has been reported for HDMI displays (mainly, TVs used as a secondary display) that doesn’t seem happen all the time. These are color artifacts and not “squiggly lines”,” Michael Herf from F.lux told us.

“Anytime there are a lot of changes in video drivers, some problems happen like these, and usually they are fixed quickly.”

The author of the app also confirmed that F.lux is working properly on single-display systems.

If you see squiggly lines or artifacts after upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004, you can try to update your GPU drivers, disable F.lux temporarily or you can also roll back to the previous version of Windows.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Has successfully upgraded to version 2004 through Update Assistant.
And meet this error but it's ok because I do not use Onedrive :LOL:
1591933404572.png

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
We're still getting occasional updates, besides the Update Tuesday ones, on various devices here. I've never been keen to install major releases right away, sorry and thanks to those who are prepared to deal with any issues earlier, just don't have the time to re-install back-up images in case anything goes wrong. Have spent enough of my life sorting out IT issues, I could probably do with more practice, but prefer to avoid the hassle!

SUPRA

Level 3
Verified
Nov 26, 2016
Windows 10 is an utter mess I always remain in fear that it will crash and I will completely loose my data that’s why have to take backup almost every 2-3 days, so far I have seen 1809 to be the most stable on my system at least, Microsoft should consider working on windows 10 stability rather than adding features. As of now windows 8.1 is far more stable and error and it eliminates a significant risk of unexpected crashing.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Was it a clean install of 2004?
No, I updated from 1903, using the official Windows ISO.

Most of the time I run Kubuntu (with Win10 in a virtual machine). I use my real Windows 10 partition mainly for making Macrium Reflect backups of the whole system. If it can't do that, it's not justifying its existence.

I am toying with the idea of installing Windows 7 instead. It's a bad idea security-wise, but I do a lot of faxing and I bought a USB fax modem from AliExpress but I can't get it to work on Windows 10 or Ubuntu. It supposedly has full support for Windows 7.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
No, I updated from 1903, using the official Windows ISO.

Most of the time I run Kubuntu (with Windows 10 in a virtual machine). I use my real Windows 10 partition mainly for making Macrium Reflect backups of the whole system. If it can't do that, it's not justifying its existence.

I am toying with the idea of installing Windows 7 instead. It's a bad idea security-wise, but I do a lot of faxing and I bought a USB fax modem from AliExpress but I can't get it to work on Windows 10 or Ubuntu. It supposedly has full support for Windows 7.
I created a installation media using media creation tool and was planning to install 2004 on my laptop. I have been using Ubuntu 20 since it was released and I am very happy with it. It is fast and stable. I experienced some issues with my Epson L3060 printer but I could live with that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.