Windows 10 version 2004 rollout imminent

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Be aware of the defrag bug, which is not fixed yet (.264). Windows will try to defrag/trim HDD/SSD after every restart. You might want to disable it. :whistle:
Code:
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Defrag\ScheduledDefrag" /Disable
sc config defragsvc start= disabled

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Be aware of the defrag bug, which is not fixed yet (.264). Windows will try to defrag/trim HDD/SSD after every restart.

Another one involving disk defrag? There was one, fixed in 19603, where disk defrag would show "never run" after a restart of your machine--when you had in fact just run it. Wow, I use this program, do others do the same or use 3rd party software? Anyhow, thank you for this information, I'll keep it in mind.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Be aware of the defrag bug, which is not fixed yet (.264). Windows will try to defrag/trim HDD/SSD after every restart. You might want to disable it. :whistle:
Code:
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Defrag\ScheduledDefrag" /Disable
sc config defragsvc start= disabled
I can’t figure out if this is happening out of the blue or only when you use the disk defrag tool. Only a couple mentions of it discussed in insider forums.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

What’s new for IT pros in Windows 10, version 2004
And:
Security baseline (DRAFT): Windows 10 and Windows Server, version 2004

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Done in just about 30 minutes. Much faster than 1909.
1590615195917.png

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Microsoft is investigating ten Windows 10 2004 known issues

Right after releasing the Windows 10 May 2020 Update to home customers, Microsoft has already added ten know issues under investigation to the Windows 10 2004 release health dashboard.

Microsoft has added the known issues to the health dashboard right after starting the new release's rollout process, together with nine compatibility holds designed to prevent users of impacted devices from being offered the latest Windows 10 release.

"We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved," Microsoft added.

Read more below

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
But no WDDM 2.7 support :/
I'm using 450.99 driver from there

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.