Windows 10 version 2004 rollout imminent

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Microsoft is expected to roll out Windows 10 May 2020 Update soon. Earlier this month, the company updated its Driver Shiproom Schedule to reserve 26th, 27th, and 28th May 2020 for Feature updates. The Driver Shiproom Schedule is used by OEMs to ensure they don't release driver updates a day before or after feature updates and Patch Tuesday updates to avoid any possible conflicts.

Now, Microsoft has published the Windows 10 May 2020 Update release information and resolved issues pages (via WinCentral), hinting at the imminent roll-out of the update. The release information page indicates that there are no known issues which is a good sign. The resolved issues page is used to record the known issues that have been resolved and is updated by Microsoft at regular intervals. The page, however, is empty which is again a good sign.

The Windows 10 May 2020 Update will bring a lot of new features including Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2), the new Cortana app, Notepad improvements, and more. Microsoft is expected to release the Windows 10 May 2020 Update by the end of this month. However, if you are an MSDN member, you can download the Windows 10 May 2020 Update ISO file from MSDN and install the update manually

Windows 10 2004 rollout

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
The time is nigh - I'm waiting like a coiled spring, like a Viper waiting to pounce with my wireless mouse when the ISO is available, I don't take my gaze for one moment from my display - I shan't leave this desktop PC only for cups of tea & beer if I have to wait a week, a month now for 2004 final - Microsoft the true masters of suspense ~

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Oooooo, it's downloading here right now!

No, false alarm, it was a Defender definition update.

Made you look
Dirty crook
Stole your mother's pocketbook. :giggle:

Edit: via Insider builds, performance-wise, it's the same for me as 1909, ie: very good. A few bugs, one related to disk defrag but it's been resolved in the latter Fast Ring. It should be a nice transition (hopefully).

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Tomorrow 28th is the release date
I thought its today.
"In a leaked schedule, Microsoft also confirmed that Windows 10 version 2004 will be released on May 27 or May 28. "

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Does anyone know when Microsoft will release the 2004 media creation tool?
You want the ISO?
If you want the ISO, you can use this too:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
You may use this to download the ISO after it becomes available. It downloads from Microsoft's server so don't worry, its the original ISO.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
You may use this to download the ISO after it becomes available. It downloads from Microsoft's server so don't worry, its the original ISO.
ISO is live now. It can be directly downloaded from here.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Neither AMD nor NVidia have drivers ready, so I would suggest waiting, unless you don't mind being stuck on a restart loop 🍵
Nvidia released a new driver update (yesterday/today depending on where you live).

L

Local Host

Nvidia released a new driver update (yesterday/today depending on where you live).
So did AMD, and they're not ready for Windows 10 2004 as you can see through the changelog.

Already seen multiple reports on Reddit of people stuck on shutdown and restart screen due to those drivers.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
So did AMD, and they're not ready for Windows 10 2004 as you can see through the changelog.

Already seen multiple reports on Reddit of people stuck on shutdown and restart screen due to those drivers.
Really! What were they doing all these days! 2004 was to be released at the starting of this month and till now there's no officially supported driver! :unsure:
But many people are already using it in insider channel without such report. Confusing.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Great so this does actually support the May update 2004.
Our new Game Ready Driver also provides support for Microsoft’s release of the Windows 10 May 2020 update

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.