Windows 10 version 2004 rollout imminent

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
is Windows 10 2004 build update is stable enough to make a fresh install using it is ISO or still stuck with build 1909 for little ??
Either way. 2004 has a few minor bugs but is stable and very usable. Then again, 2009 should fix those bugs so why not wait for it? I doubt I'm being very helpful here.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
is Windows 10 2004 build update is stable enough to make a fresh install

The updated 2004 is much more stable, it's similar to 1909 at that point but you will still have some minor issues like the Disk Optimization "never run" bug. You can get the updated ISO from the Microsoft downloads which has the 19041.450 build---bypassing most of the problems 2004 had in its initial state.

It's Microsoft's obscure and indirect way of saying "Yes, 2004 stinks until you update it. " 😁

Source--scroll down for Option 1

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
The updated 2004 is much more stable, it's similar to 1909 at that point but you will still have some minor issues like the Disk Optimization "never run" bug. You can get the updated ISO from the Microsoft downloads which has the 19041.450 build---bypassing most of the problems 2004 had in its initial state.

It's Microsoft's obscure and indirect way of saying "Yes, 2004 stinks until you update it. " 😁

Source--scroll down for Option 1
Thanks for your explanation.Really much appreciated :):)
for optimization tool i am using Wise Disk cleaner so no problem however i will wait to 2009 however i may need to make fresh install as i have windows performance issue
i am thinking about windows LTS versions for more stability. i am not interested in new features.just stability and security of the system is the most important priority for me

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
I am still on this page:
View attachment 244999
i don't even have the 2004 feature update offered yet. still stuck on 1909, and windows update is saying all is up to date. :) my kid's computer has what you have there, but when i try to install 2004 on his it fails. my laptop installed 2004 with no problems, but it can't install the cumulative update after it, lol. it just cycles downloading, failing, and rolling back. so i postponed that update until they figure it out.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
After applying the Windows 10 August update, if you’re having problems with your laptop, especially Lenovo ThinkPad, you’re not the only one.

A bug in Windows 10 KB4566782 and Lenovo’s BIOS is causing ThinkPad laptops to get stuck in Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). Lenovo has released a statement offering a workaround that seems to fix the issue for users, but non-Lenovo owners are also running into problems after August patch.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
The company has applied a safeguard hold on all Windows 10 devices with affected WWAN LTE modems drivers, preventing Windows 10 2004 from being offered through Windows Update until the issue is resolved.

"We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late September," Microsoft said.

Until a fix for this issue is available and the safeguard is removed, Microsoft urges customers not to attempt to manually update to the latest Windows 10 version using the Media Creation Tool or the Update now button.

For the moment, customers with devices already running Windows 10 2004 can mitigate the issue by toggling Airplane mode on and off.
"To do this, you can select the Start button, type airplane mode and select it. In the settings dialog, toggle Airplane mode on then off again. You should now be able to connect as expected," Microsoft explained.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Microsoft has finally acknowledged an undocumented issue in Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) where weird ESENT warnings will be found under the hood in Event Viewer. Windows Event Viewer is a built-in tool that shows a log of apps and system messages, including errors and warnings with detailed information.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
"Microsoft has finally acknowledged an undocumented issue in Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) where weird ESENT warnings..." VERY good news, Gandalf_The_Grey. It's actually been documented repeatedly, just not by Microsoft.

I've been down on Windows 2004, especially at its initial install--you should have seen Event Viewer/Applications--spams of ESENT warnings. Dozens and dozens per day. Since it involves storage (also the Disk Optimization issue), I'm always vigilant over my one lone (and not cheap) Windows drive.

Hopefully this fix comes to the Insider builds, I still have 2 of these at every start/restart.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Microsoft is preparing fix for Windows 10 Photos app crashing bug:
Fortunately, Microsoft has started rolling out Photos app v2020.20090.1002.0 to the testers in the Dev Channel of Windows Insider program with a fix for the crashing bug. However, it is worth noting that there have been no official responses on the probable cause of the crash.

We’ll update this article when more details are available.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.