Windows 11 upgradation

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Hello everyone, my currecnt PC configuration is -
8 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD (installed Windows 10 Pro X64 22H2 on SSD) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.09 GHz

Now, if I'll just change processor compatible with Windows 11 ( Please suggest processor ) the can I install Windows 11 on this system without change other configuration ?

Please see attached CPU-Z screen shoots for detailed configuration of my PC & suggest. It's my personal computer as well as I'm using it for Office work also & as per my Office requirement, I have to install latest OS . ( Windows 11 ).

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• cpuid pc config 01.png
    cpuid pc config 01.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 27
  • cpuid pc config 02.png
    cpuid pc config 02.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 26
  • cpuid pc config 03.png
    cpuid pc config 03.png
    38 KB · Views: 23
  • cpuid pc config 04.png
    cpuid pc config 04.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 31

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hi, based on your current configuration, you'll need to upgrade your processor to meet Windows 11's minimum requirements. A suitable upgrade could be the Intel Core i5-8400 or higher. However, you should also ensure your motherboard supports TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot, which are also necessary for Windows 11. Please check these features in your motherboard's BIOS settings.

Reactions: anirbandutta01

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Hi, based on your current configuration, you'll need to upgrade your processor to meet Windows 11's minimum requirements. A suitable upgrade could be the Intel Core i5-8400 or higher. However, you should also ensure your motherboard supports TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot, which are also necessary for Windows 11. Please check these features in your motherboard's BIOS settings.
What if I bypass TPM & Secure Boot settings ? There are many working tutorials available on Youtube & Internet .

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
What if I bypass TPM & Secure Boot settings ? There are many working tutorials available on Youtube & Internet .
While it is technically possible to bypass TPM and Secure Boot requirements, it's not recommended. Bypassing these security features can make your system vulnerable to threats. Moreover, Microsoft might not provide updates and support for systems that don't meet their official requirements. Proceed with caution if you choose this path.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
While it is technically possible to bypass TPM and Secure Boot requirements, it's not recommended. Bypassing these security features can make your system vulnerable to threats. Moreover, Microsoft might not provide updates and support for systems that don't meet their official requirements. Proceed with caution if you choose this path.
Not agree with you. Anyway thanks.

Victor M

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
You can buy any Intel CPU that fits your cpu socket. The socket name # is shown on the CPU tab of CPUZ.
Depending on how long you think this machine can last, 10yrs? . Then buy the fastest CPU you can afford, because a faster cpu will still 'feel' fast in the years to come if it was fast enough at the start.
If you don't have the budget for the one you desire, you buy a slower cpu model. And then upgrade again in the coming years; provided that Intel will not come up with a newer different socket.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
It's my personal computer as well as I'm using it for Office work also & as per my Office requirement, I have to install latest OS . ( Windows 11 ).
Any chance that your employer may provide you with a free work pc since they expect you to meet their requirements?
@Victor M Does any CPU that fits into that socket run or would a bios update maybe needed?

Last edited:

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
You can buy any Intel CPU that fits your cpu socket. The socket name # is shown on the CPU tab of CPUZ.
Depending on how long you think this machine can last, 10yrs? . Then buy the fastest CPU you can afford, because a faster cpu will still 'feel' fast in the years to come if it was fast enough at the start.
If you don't have the budget for the one you desire, you buy a slower cpu model. And then upgrade again in the coming years; provided that Intel will not come up with a newer different socket.

Any chance that your employer may provide you with a free work pc since they expect you to meet their requirements?
@Victor M Does any CPU that fits into that socket run or would a bios update maybe needed?
I've to talk to my employer. Based on my pc configuration which Intel processor will compatible with motherboard?

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Okay thanks.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I've to talk to my employer. Based on my pc configuration which Intel processor will compatible with motherboard?
The fastest LGA 1155 cpu is the i7 3770 or the i7 3770k. Neither of those are compatible with Win11, so I don't recommend buying either of those.
You need a new current gen MB and processor, if possible
Edit: try to look for used pc parts (anything younger than 8th gen will be fine in Intel side, I don't remember what's the cutoff on AMD side.)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.