Advice Request Windows 7 customers hit by service pack 1 install 'fatal error' flaws

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
A brace of "fatal errors" is hampering Windows 7-based computers that have been updated with Microsoft's first service pack for its current operating system.

In fact, since Windows 7 SP1 was released late last month, many users have been grumbling on forums about problems with the install of the update package.

More details - link

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Due to the need for SP1 to access the OS and its installation paths and the very customized layout I utilize with multiple partitions and custom User and Windows temp directories I have several errors when attempting to install SP1 to the point that dotNET issues are now constant, luckily it does not affect most of what I use so for now I won't bother with repairing it due to time restrictions but indeed "flaws" abound sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.