Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Won't automatically sleep, even if configured in power settings
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None
I have a pretty new Windows 7 Ultimate desktop. Unfortunately, it won't sleep. Please help.

It is configured under the power settings to sleep after 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, the screen is turned off, but it is definitely still awake. Wake timers are disabled, and I disabled automatic wakeup for some devices.

I have Asus's AI Suite II installed. I don't know if this is the culprit, but this is my best guess, because it controls when the screen turns off.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
There are threads on google dating back to 2013 of this software messing with the display & system sleep process.
Based on it's track record, If you can live without "Asus AI Suite" I would uninstall. JMHO
PeAcE

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
This is the best title I've seen in long time :D

I also have Windows 7 Ultimate (64) and my monitor will turn off after 20 minutes. You should try to click on start menu, then select sleep, just to see if it goes to sleep (to check if the issue is with the power settings or not).

Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
After the uninstall of Asus suite, run this without quotes and be patient "sfc /scannow"
It will search and repair any leftover errors caused by the suite.
PeAcE

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
Found this from other sources: powercfg /requests

Apparently it shows processes that interfere with sleep. In my case, it was Samsung SideSync. I quit the application, and automatic sleep finally worked.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.