Advice Request Windows 8.1 question

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Thread author
Ok, since i can not seem to find much info via research, i want to ask here to see some opinions/answers hopefully appear.

I have a system that came with windows 8. Now, upgrading to windows 8.1 supposedly just replaces certain files in windows 8 correct?

If this is the case, and you end up with the windows old folder "which contains your system image" and you leave this intact, would not a
"sfc /scannow" produce a false positive so to say, as it would be tied to the original OS and not the new "upgrade/replaced files"..

If this is the case, would this not be a pretty messed up move on microsofts part. If you were to become infected, remove the malware, it would take days to go through all the files detected as corrupted "from being replaced"..

Can anyone in this forum, that has upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 "that still have kept their windows old folder' please run a
"sfc /scannow" and humor me to see if you produce the same results i have been attaining.. 3 times i have done this upgrade, to find the same "issue" Im wondering if it is specific to my computer make/model.

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
How can boot without put my password on my os 8.1 ?

To remove a password login on Windows 8.1,do this:
  1. Press Windows key+R (i.e. open Run)
  2. type "netplwiz" (with or without quotes)
  3. un-check the password login option and confirm it by password prompt.

Reactions: cdnsempre
I

illumination

Thread author
To answer my Original question, You have to refresh the Metadata in order for the sfc scannow to recognize the newly converted files, so they are not read as corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.