Windows 8.1 virus problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abinash

Thread author
Apr 30, 2020
Hi my laptop is HP pavilion with windows 8.1 got virus problem.
It's not responding properly,folders not opening desktop icons blinking and disappearing.
Please advise the solution to repair.

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi , Abinash...! Welcome to MalwareTips ..! :)

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, and that will be the right version.

• Right-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe then click "Run as administrator"
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce logs called FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the logs in your next reply.
---------------------------------------------------

In your next reply, please include:

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Abinash

Thread author
Apr 30, 2020
hi ictonev,
log files copied as you asked.
please take a look and let me know the solution.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    51.9 KB · Views: 6
  • FRST.txt
    83.8 KB · Views: 6

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Abinash , This computer for business or personal needs is used..?

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - Fix

Please download the attached file * fixlist.txt * to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

• Fixlog.txt

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    3 KB · Views: 10

Abinash

Thread author
Apr 30, 2020
Hi please find the attached file.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 5

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi , Abinash . ..! :) Let me know how the computer is doing...?

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

You may have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed but if not, you can download it from here:

• run the program
  • click on the ‘Dashboard’ to make sure everything is up to date, (it is not necessary to upgrade to the premium version of MBAM)
  • click on the ‘Scan’ tab, (directly below the Dashboard tab)
  • select the Custom Scan option
  • at the bottom, click on Configure Scan
  • in the right window, place a checkmark next to the drive letter of your USB device
  • click the Scan Now button
  • Threat Scan will begin
  • when the scan has completed and if malware was found, click the Quarantine Selected button to allow MBAM to quarantine what was found
  • if prompted to restart the computer, close all other programs and click Yes to restart your computer
  • once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more
  • click on the ‘Reports’ tab
  • double-click on the most recent Scan Report
  • click on Export, then Copy to Clipboard
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AdwCleaner

Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.

• run AdwCleaner by clicking on Scan Now
  • when it has finished, leave everything that was found checked, (ticked), then click on Clean and Repair
  • if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
  • on reboot, click on View Log File; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re-scan with FRST

• Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe to run it.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce logs called FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the logs in your next reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Mbam.txt
  • AdwCleaner log
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Abinash

Thread author
Apr 30, 2020
Nothing change..not responding for period of time.
It's working if I leave it idol for some time and again getting problem after 2 to 3 hours.

I'll install and run the process you said once it responding.
I'll Update to you .Thanks for your support.

Abinash

Thread author
Apr 30, 2020
hi,
followed the process and attached the log files you asked.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    51.8 KB · Views: 4
  • FRST.txt
    83.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Mbam.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 7
  • AdwCleaner[C00].txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 5
  • AdwCleaner[S00].txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: upnorth

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi , Abinash . ..! I'm sorry for the late answer, but I'm engaged in new projects and I don't have time for the forum ..! I reviewed your diaries and no obvious signs of an active Malware infection in your logs. What I will recommend is :

Clean Boot
  • Press the Windows Key + R. Type msconfig and click on OK.
  • msconfig will now open. Click on the Services tab, then check the Hide all Microsoft services box. Select Disable all.
  • Click on the Startup tab, then select Open Task Manager. In Task Manager, navigate to the Startup tab. Select each startup item and click Disable until all are disabled.
  • Close the Task Manager and return to MSConfig. Click OK and restart the computer.
  • Test your computer performance. Please let me know if your problems are still present in this mode

How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows

Abinash

Thread author
Apr 30, 2020
Hi,
now the performance is good.
But some times only getting that problem.
I will check for few days and let you know if any issue.
Thanks for your support.

Abinash

Thread author
Apr 30, 2020
hi....again getting same problem.
i cant find any solution for this.
please suggest me what to do next.
and if i am trying to open google chrome system is not responding. i am switching off laptop and restarting.
please help to solve the problem.

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

I'll take over until icotonev returns.

2 - Your copy of Chrome may have been compromised

Remove and re-install Chrome. Follow these instructions.

[img=[URL]https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/step1.gif[/URL]] Remove Chrome from your Computer and reinstall a fresh copy later.

[img=[URL]https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/step2.gif[/URL]] If you remove the syncing of your account you must remove it before you save your bookmarks etc...
Delete Your Google Chrome Browser Sync Data if you sync with other devices. <- Important ...

[img=[URL]https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/step3.gif[/URL]] Before you remove Chrome Export your Bookmarks
Chrome will export your bookmarks as a HTML file, which you can then import into another browser.
How To: How To Back Up Your Google Chrome Bookmarks

[img=[URL]https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/step4.gif[/URL]] Before you remove Chrome Export your Passwords
How to export your saved passwords from Chrome

[img=[URL]https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/step5.gif[/URL]] Clear your Chrome cache and cookies

[img=[URL]https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/step6.gif[/URL]] Remove Chrome using the the instructions on this page.

[img=[URL]https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/step7.gif[/URL]] Re-install Chrome and the Bookmarks and passwords.
<<<>>

If the problem persists please run the Farbar program and post fresh logs for my review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.