Advice Request Windows 8 Rumoured Release Date and Windows 9 Speculation!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Exorcizm

Thread author
A new rumor making its way through the Internet's tubes suggests that we might actually see a commercial release for Windows 8, Microsoft's next operating system (OS), as early as next August. What's even more surprising is that Microsoft is said to have a Windows 9 release for late 2014.

The rumor comes to us in the form of a leaked roadmap available through the minimalist tech blog "MS Nerd." The roadmap reveals Microsoft's tentative plans for future releases and, as usual, the greatest interest has been drawn to the company's popular operating systems.

See More Here:
http://www.infopackets.com/news/business/microsoft/2011/20111028_rumor_windows_8_due_august_2012_win9_in_2014.htm

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It will happen there will be Windows 9.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:

Yes, but speculated for 2 years later
We all know Windows will forever pump out new OS'

Just a matter i time until we find out when!

I wonder if they've started working on Windows 9 privately.. hmmm :)

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
They are planing 9 already? 8 not even out yet talk about wanting money! on the flipside maybe windows 9 will be aimed more to desktops than eight thats not to say windows 8 is just for tablets, but in my eyes in seems optimized for tabs

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
McLovin said:

Yes, but speculated for 2 years later
We all know Windows will forever pump out new OS'

Just a matter i time till we find out when!

I wonder if they've started working on Windows 9 privately.. hmmm :)

They probably have started to make it already. Well I think of the look of Windows 8 and feel of it. Windows 9 might be the same so I will stick with Windows 7.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Nathan Wootton said:
They are planing 9 already? 8 not even out yet talk about wanting money! on the flipside maybe windows 9 will be aimed more to desktops than eight thats not to say windows 8 is just for tablets, but in my eyes in seems optimized for tabs

Agreed!!!

I'm really hoping they re-write alot of the code! and have a new GUI, i really would endorse that and support it! :D

DESKTOP OPERATING SYSTEMS FTW!!! <3

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I guess, Windows 9 will be 100% different from the windows GUI 8.
why I can say like that?
take a look it, the most successful Windows XP than Windows Vista, but few users are switching to vista (including me) once windows 7 is launched, most users will instantly change vista to 7.

will be such that,
Windows 8 at launch, will be slightly moved to windows 8. they will be wait windows 9. "Maybe" is definitely a tablet users use windows 8. but, a PC or, notebooks and even netbooks? It was a small possibility to move from windows 7 to windows 8, the same as the launch of Windows Vista.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
win7holic said:
why I can say like that?
take a look it, the most successful Windows XP than Windows Vista, but few users are switching to vista (including me) once windows 7 is launched, most users will instantly change vista to 7.

will be such that,
Windows 8 at launch, will be slightly moved to windows 8. they will menuggu windows 9. "Maybe" is definitely a tablet users use windows 8. but, a PC or, notebooks and even netbooks? It was a small possibility to move from windows 7 to windows 8, the same as the launch of Windows Vista.

I won't be switching to Windows 8 in a hurry unless they change the look and make it that the UI is compatible with tablet PCs and desktop computers. I feel that tablet PCs still have a long way to go and desktops are the future.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
McLovin said:
I won't be switching to Windows 8 in a hurry unless they change the look and make it that the UI is compatible with tablet PCs and desktop computers. I feel that tablet PCs still have a long way to go and desktops are the future.

so you agree with me? :D

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:
win7holic said:
why I can say like that?

will be such that,
Windows 8 at launch, will be slightly moved to windows 8. they will menuggu windows 9. "Maybe" is definitely a tablet users use windows 8. but, a PC or, notebooks and even netbooks? It was a small possibility to move from windows 7 to windows 8, the same as the launch of Windows Vista.

You have my vote there, both of you, this is how i feel and think about this :)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
win7holic said:

Assuming I'm understanding you correctly, I don't think so.

People jumped to Windows 7 because Vista was a disappointment. Microsoft has those sometimes. Most of you probably don't remember Windows ME, but it was also a huge disappointment.

People will jump to Windows 9 if Windows 8 sucks. It's as simple as that.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
HeffeD said:
win7holic said:

Assuming I'm understanding you correctly, I don't think so.

People jumped to Windows 7 because Vista was a disappointment. Microsoft has those sometimes. Most of you probably don't remember Windows ME, but it was also a huge disappointment.

People will jump to Windows 9 if Windows 8 sucks. It's as simple as that.

I totally agree. +rep

XP was good in its day same with Vista but now we have to look forward and look on what the future can bring.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
however, it will not happen to 7 users.
Users who have have experienced the failure of Vista (and, not going to waste money by buying windows 8) will wait for windows 8 reviewers review the features, performance, and possibly repair the GUI? who knows? :D
if many people like the window 8 more and more, they will switch 7 to 8. if NOT, wait for windows 9 launched.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I don't think they will switch. It all depends on the UI it has because if it is built for tablets I think people will wait until it is built for desktop computers instead of tablets.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
McLovin said:
I don't think they will switch. It all depends on the UI it has because if it is built for tablets I think people will wait until it is built for desktop computers instead of tablets.

that's why i said like this:
will wait for windows 8 reviewers review the features, performance, and possibly repair the GUI? who knows?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
win7holic said:
will wait for windows 8 reviewers review the features, performance, and possibly repair the GUI? who knows?

Yeah, hope they do fix the UI.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
McLovin said:
win7holic said:

Yeah, hope they do fix the UI.

and, the login screen. with green background color.
it's really not match. looks something weird, right?
why their did not design blue color or baby blue?
:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
win7holic said:
and, the login screen. with green background color.
it's really not match. looks something weird, right?
why their did not design blue color or baby blue?
:D

I think that the log in screen actually looks quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.