Advice Request Windows 8 Rumoured Release Date and Windows 9 Speculation!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Exorcizm

Thread author
A new rumor making its way through the Internet's tubes suggests that we might actually see a commercial release for Windows 8, Microsoft's next operating system (OS), as early as next August. What's even more surprising is that Microsoft is said to have a Windows 9 release for late 2014.

The rumor comes to us in the form of a leaked roadmap available through the minimalist tech blog "MS Nerd." The roadmap reveals Microsoft's tentative plans for future releases and, as usual, the greatest interest has been drawn to the company's popular operating systems.

See More Here:
http://www.infopackets.com/news/business/microsoft/2011/20111028_rumor_windows_8_due_august_2012_win9_in_2014.htm

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Haha, you would be surprised at how many people are saying they won't be upgrading to Windows 8, i feel this will give Micro$oft a well deserved kick in the teeth, and they'll make Windows 9 amazing :)

You all just watch ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
win7holic said:
McLovin said:
I think that the log in screen actually looks quite good.

I likes it also.
1 thing don't likes is the color.

I guess that they could change that. We could put in a request :p I want BLUE :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Haha, you would be surprised at how many people are saying they won't be upgrading to Windows 8, i feel this will give Micro$oft a well deserved kick in the teeth, and they'll make Windows 9 amazing :)

You all just watch ;)

Windows 9 probably will be amazing. :)

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:

You all just watch ;)

Windows 9 probably will be amazing. :)

Legend ;)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Exorcizm said:

You all just watch ;)

we will see it. how it goes.
;)

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Do you think anyone will release a mod or something to remove the Metro UI, and have the Desktop as the default, with a new GUI? :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
Do you think anyone will release a mod or something to remove the Metro UI, and have the Desktop as the default, with a new GUI? :D

I hope they do, because I won't be buying a tablet and have that Metro UI, will get annoying.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Exorcizm said:

probably?
if people don't likes metro UI.
however, Metro UI is very useful for tablet PCs. not with a desktop or even laptop.
The new GUI will be on the window 9, I think.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well it would be good for touch screen laptops and desktops but most people can not afford them.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:

I hope they do, because I won't be buying a tablet and have that Metro UI, will get annoying.

I was talking about the Desktop version :)

I don't think i'd ever buy a tablet until they seriously upgrade the capabilities and power of them

At the moment there just a big phone that can't make calls lol! :D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
McLovin said:
Well it would be good for touch screen laptops and desktops but most people can not afford them.

too expensive and the risk of problems; Such as: scratched.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Exorcizm said:
McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:

I don't think i'd ever buy a tablet until they seriously upgrade the capabilities and power of them

Agreed. Well that doesn't stop Paul :D

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:
McLovin said:
Exorcizm said:

Agreed. Well that doesn't stop Paul :D

Haha yeah! The only bonus he gets out of it, is that he can stand up and flick through it while displaying on screen to us through the Projector xD

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Luke[Dumke480] said:
The only reason to get windows 8, at the moment is that it's relatively lightweight compared to windows 7/vista/xp.

Irrelevant, Windows 8 for most users will provide little to no performance improvement on average machines, plus with the confusing layout that users have to get through there minds, that < 1% performance boost won't be noticed. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Luke[Dumke480] said:
The only reason to get windows 8, at the moment is that it's relatively lightweight compared to windows 7/vista/xp.

Well, also depends on the computer that you have.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
McLovin said:
Luke[Dumke480] said:

Well, also depends on the computer that you have.

As hinted above :)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
The Metro UI is actually refreshing to the eyes, :)
I do agree that Windows 8 is optimized for Tablet PCs but I do think that it will still do great for Desktop Users, I'll immediately move in to Windows 8 once it's released since there are so many new features that are incorporated into it.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah true there are a lot more security features in Windows 8 now. Which will help people in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.