Advice Request Windows Defender active with Kaspersky on the system

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Windows defender active with Kaspersky.png

I turn on my PC and that happened, Kaspersky is on patch J, no changes and this never happened before.

I noticed by right-clicking a file and saw Windows Defender file scan on there.

Anti-malware service executable on task manager is running too.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
View attachment 241221
Turn off Kaspersky protection and then turn on again, that happened. "Status not available".

Seems like Kaspersky, for some reason, it's not being able to register itself to Windows Security central.
Clean uninstall Kaspersky and reinstall lastest version .
Probably will fix the issue.

Tiamati

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
@fabiobr , i believe you activated the 2nd opinion scanner from WD. I just tested on my system right now. WD was disabled and Kaspersky activated. I enabled the WD scans, and i got exactly the same result as you did in your first post. Try to reboot and disabled it.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
View attachment 241220
I turn on my PC and that happened, Kaspersky is on patch J, no changes and this never happened before.

I noticed by right-clicking a file and saw Windows Defender file scan on there.

Anti-malware service executable on task manager is running too.
It has happened to me too with Comodo Internet Security. Sometimes the AV can't register in Windows Security Center (even if it's running well) and Windows Defender re-activates.
It has never happened with my current AV, FortiClient.
Just in case, I have disabled Windows Defender by O&O ShutUp10

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.