Assigned Windows Defender and File Cleaned/Disinfected

A staff member is handling this support request.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Forum Veteran
A few moments ago I've downloaded a file (foobar2000 portable + DarkOne Theme) from this site
hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/11gNXkEPpMVDm05cUA5sUwt2qC0a8d1wZ/view
, when Download finished Windows Defender showed an alert about a threat detected, so I pressed "take actions" and WD clean it and did a scan without finding anything else.

I restarted the system but I still have alerts about this file or threat found

brfiqIy.png


I've recorded a video about is happening, could you help me. I'm confused :cautious:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
After searching for information, I've downloaded the file again, Defender has detected it again and "take actions" against the infected file after that i have performed a scan with Defender again and i did a restart system and everything is fine now.

No alerts or errors appear in Defender... I have re-scanned the system with MBAM, NPE and Eset Online Scanner and they found nothing.

It should be noted that it is my friend's PC, he bought new speakers and we've downloaded a portable (custom/themed) version of foobar2000 from a "known" and "safe" forum.

The error has been resolved, Admin/Mods can close the topic.

Thanks, Yuan.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top