JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I have explained here (post #24) Need Help - Apps do not launch from start menu and Windows search do not work ; my problems with Avast and that I have replaced it by Kaspersky Internet Security 2017.
Windows Defender continues to run along Kaspersky and when I try to disable it manually, when I reboot my PC Windows Defender is again running :confused:
If I look on the security panel I don't see Kaspersky but Kaspersky is running OKo_O
Can you help me ?
WD1.PNG
WD2.PNG
WD3.PNG
WD4.PNG

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
New step:
Here: How to permanently disable Windows Defender on Windows 10 , I use "How to disable Windows Defender using Local Group Policy" to "re-enable" Windows Defender and then reboot my PC. Now all seems OK:)
Perhaps it was not necessary to "disable Windows Defender using Local Group Policy" , and maybe Uninstalling and reinstalling Kaspersky could have been enough.
We'll never know unless another MalwareTips member has the same issue;)
WD10.PNG
WD11.PNG
WD9.PNG

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 2913

@JB007,

I didn't knew you have Win 10 Pro...Yes, doing stuffs with Group Policy is easy & better...I have used Group Policy to disable WD And it works fine.

You reinstalled KIS & reenabled WD in GP And issue sorted now...?

Reactions: shmu26 and JB007
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
@JB007,

I didn't knew you have Windows 10 Pro...Yes, doing stuffs with Group Policy is easy & better...I have used Group Policy to disable WD And it works fine.

You reinstalled KIS & reenabled WD in GP And issue sorted now...?
Hello @Yash Khan
Yes I have W10 Pro.
Yes I have reinstalled KIS and then reenabled WD using Group Policy and all is working fine:)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.