Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.

n8chavez

Level 26
Verified
Well-known
Forum Veteran
So, I'm pretty sure my glinet router decided to no longer work. I have to keep plugging it and plug it back in a few times a day to even get it to broadcast its network. That being said, I have to go back to a Windo3ws VPN client. Most VPNs have a "killswitch", which prevents communication in the event that the connection drops. In most cases, they use the Windows Filtering Platform. My question is this, will a VPNs killswitch that uses the WFP interfere with something like the simplewall firewall if it also uses the wfp? Can both be used at the same time?
 
Yes, both can be used at the same time. The Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) allows multiple services to create and apply filters without interfering with each other. However, conflicts could arise if both the VPN's killswitch and simplewall firewall are trying to enforce conflicting rules. It's recommended to properly configure both to ensure they work harmoniously.
 
That's true. I guess the difficultly for me lies in the fact that there's no GUI for VPN killswitches, other than an on/off toggle. There's no way of knowing what rules are in place.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top