- Apr 24, 2016
Over a month ago, we heard that Windows Package Manager - also known as winget - has received preliminary support for the installation of portable apps in a preview version of the software. Now, it seems that Microsoft is ready to add full support in the stable build for winget as the latest release candidate (RC) includes this feature.
Windows Package Manager 1.3.1681 has been made available as an RC build with the following features:
- Support for installation of portable/standalone apps
- Add a notes/info field to manifests
- Add an optional URL to Expected Return Codes
- Manifest Field for User Manual / Documentation
- Add alternative version number field to manifest to make correlation with entries in Add/Remove programs more reliable
- Setting for always using verbose logs
- winget --info should print the system architecture
- An even better progress bar
Windows Package Manager 1.3.1681 RC adds support for portable app installations
Microsoft has rolled out a release candidate (RC) build for Windows Package Manager - also known as winget. The update adds support for installation of portable apps, among many other things.