Windows Repair Toolbox - Have you tried it?

D

Deleted member 2913

I am trying to download portable from the day its posted here. I always get website offline, retry live version & retry live version also dont work.

I can visit the official site but cant download installer or portable & always get website offline.

AlexCa

From Windows Repair Toolbox
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
I am trying to download portable from the day its posted here. I always get website offline, retry live version & retry live version also dont work.

I can visit the official site but cant download installer or portable & always get website offline.

Hi yesnoo, are you still unable to download?

Anyone else having the same problem?

I'm able to download both versions normally.

Last edited:

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hi all,

version 1.4.0.0 is now online.

Version 1.4.0.0:

- Added the ability to add custom tools to Windows Repair Toolbox (in the new tab "Custom Tools").

- If the unattended fix process gets unexpectedly interrupted (that will happen, for instance, when one of the malware removal tools forces a reboot in order to remove some infection, or due to malware reaction to some tool), the next time Windows Repair Toolbox starts you'll be informed about what was the tool running when it happened, so that you can continue the unattended fix process from that point forward.

- Windows Repair All-in-One logs will now also be attached to the final "Unattended_Fix_Logs.zip". A bug that was preventing TDSS Killer logs to be attached has also been fixed.

- In the "Settings" tab there's now an option to display the CPU temperature information in Fahrenheit (°F).

- Replaced the great but long time discontinued JavaRa for the official Java Uninstall Tool.

Side notes:
- the new functionality that allows adding tools to WRT involves editing a .xml file using Notepad++. I've tried to make the instructions as clear as i could, but please let me know if it's confusing, or if there's anything i should do to make them more easily understandable. Any question, just let me now and i'll be happy to help.

- I'm aware that, unfortunately, Snappy Driver Installer has been discontinued. I decided to keep it since that's a very recent event and for sure many people will continue to use it anyway.

Any questions, suggestions or bug reports, please let me know.

Thanks!

Reactions: AtlBo and TipsEasy

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
I've tested it yesterday, program is completely benign
What were your testing parameters? Before I let it out of the sandbox... What malware environment did you run it in if you don't mind me asking?
Just another cloud scanner Windows_Repair_Toolbox_Portable.exe MD5:b92e3f813ba06dd6a4743043735380be 7% Scanner(s) (3/39) found malware! - VirSCAN.org - Free Multi-Engine Online Virus Scanner v1.02, Supports 39 AntiVirus Engines!. False positives? I've been able to compile in kali and achieve malware that goes undetected by all of them just saying. There are now even tutorials on exactly how to do it. Oh ok the dev is in here.... JW what you wrote it in and why clamav like the only linux based av come back with false positives?

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hi all,

a new version of Windows Repair Toolbox is now available (version 1.5.0.0):

- WRT will now detect and use the system proxy settings to connect to the network and download the programs.

- Implemented a check before attempting to run a downloaded program: if it doesn't match the size of the one in the server, it will try to re-download it for another two times.

- The CPU temperature is now retrieved in a more efficient way.

- Fixed a bug that would turn off the CPU temperature monitor if temperature of the CPU reached above 100ºC.

- Under “Useful Tools”: replaced GWX Control with TCPView.

- Under “Windows”: replaced Msconfig and Regedit with Event Viewer and Reliability Monitor.

-Under “Repairs”: replaced Dial-A-Fix with a link to the built-in Windows Troubleshooting tools; replaced Avast Browser Cleanup with Ultra Adware Cleaner.

- Under “Uninstallers”: replaced Geek Uninstaller with Revo Uninstaller (the free version now also supports 64-bit versions of Windows)

- Some other minor improvements and fixes.

Thanks!

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Released Version 1.5.0.3:

- Fixed: When the latest version of Snappy Driver Installer (R496) was executed through WRT, it couldn’t load new themes or languages. There’s was also one file from SDI that couldn’t be deleted using the “Clear Downloads” button from WRT.

Thanks.

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hi all,

I've just released version 1.5.0.5:

- Emailing the unattended fix log is now much easier (there's no longer the need to configure a Gmail account).

Thanks!

Reactions: AtlBo

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hi all, I've just released version 1.7.0.0:

- The portable version of Windows Repair Toolbox is now distributed as a .zip file. It runs directly from an external media (e.g., a pendrive) and the downloads will also run and be stored in the external media.

- Branding: you can now change the program icon and title bar text.

- Updated the 7-Zip components to version 16.04.

- In the "Final Tests" tab, the "Drivers" button will now also give the chance to disable Windows automatic drivers updates (Windows 7 and higher).

- In the "Malware Removal" tab, replaced Hitman Pro with Zemana Antimalware portable.

- Added a "refresh" button in the custom tools tab.

- Windows Repair Toolbox used to always require a fresh download regarding any of the malware removal tools, ignoring any previously downloaded file. That no longer happens, and the behavior is now the same as in the other tools (give the option to download a new copy, or run the previously downloaded file).

- Several minor improvements and fixes.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

I've just released version 1.8.0.0 of Windows Repair Toolbox:

- The “Disk” label now has a tooltip that shows additional information about the system drive, as shown bellow:

print1.jpg

- The “Disk” label will also let you know if the drive is SSD:

print5.jpg

- A SMART warning will be displayed if the system drive fails a basic health check (this is the same check that is performed by GsmartControl and it’s also based on smartmontools). Very important: the absence of the warning doesn’t mean that the hard drive is ok, it is just a basic test.

print2.jpg

- Besides the Windows install date, WRT will now also present the system boot time.

- Added to “Branding” settings: password protection; hide the “About” tab option.

print4.jpg

- Under “Backup and Recovery”: replaced TestDisk with DMDE; replaced Puran File Recovery with LicenseCrawler.

- Portable version: In the initial license window, you no longer need to hover and mouse-click the "Accept" and "Decline" buttons. Now you can just press the “Enter” key to accept and continue or “Esc” to decline and exit.

-Rkill would terminate Windows Repair Toolbox process if you renamed “Windows_Repair_Toolbox.exe” executable to something else (e.g., “My_ Repairs.exe”). That will no longer happen. This makes it easier for you to rename “Windows_Repair_Toolbox.exe” executable, and change its icon, if you want to do so.

- Added a tooltip to the “Refresh” button in the Notes tab.

- Several other minor fixes and improvements.

As usual, any questions, suggestions or bug reports, please let me know.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hi all,

I've just updated Windows Repair Toolbox to version 1.8.0.1:

- Fixed an error (“For security reasons DTD is prohibited…”) that would occur at WRT startup under special circumstances (e.g., when WRT starts the computer is connected to an open wifi that requires authentication in a webpage before allowing access to the internet, and that authentication has still not been made).

- Removed some outdated instructions from the “Custom Tools” tab (the new portable version no longer requires you to import your custom.xml file at each time you want to use it)

- Updated the link to WRT homepage in the “About” tab;

- Some other minor improvements.

Thank you!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.