Advice Request Windows show no antivirus is active, although my BTS (Bitdefender) is active and running.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, guys. My windows defender says there is no anti-virus protection on my pc, but I got Bitdefender active. Anyone know why? :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Try Step 3.

Most of the times, when Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus and/or Firewall are turned off, it is just a display issue. In other words, while Bitdefender is working properly protecting your PC the status displayed in Action Center is showing otherwise not being able to check the real status.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Also, windows security is telling that windows security service is off, but it is on(I checked ). Anyone know why?
Have you followed all these steps?
3. Furthermore, follow the steps below to refresh Windows Security Center checking list

a) Open an elevated command prompt as follows

Click the Windows Start menu from the bottom left corner and type in cmd.exe

Right click on on the Command Prompt search result, and then choose Run as administrator.

b) In the command prompt window type the command below and press Enter

winmgmt /verifyrepository

c) You will get either one of these results:

WMI repository is consistent – no problems detected >> go to step f)

WMI repository is inconsistent – problems detected >> go to step d)

d) To rebuild the repository type the command below and hit Enter

winmgmt /salvagerepository

e) You will receive one of the results below

WMIrepository salvage failed – failed to rebuild WMI repository. Try repeating step d) again.

WMIrepository has been salvaged – WMI repository has been successfully rebuilt. >> go to step g)

f) Reset the repository to its initial state using the command below and hit Enter

winmgmt /resetrepository

g) Now reboot the PC and check if the issue reoccurs

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Have you followed all these steps?
3. Furthermore, follow the steps below to refresh Windows Security Center checking list

a) Open an elevated command prompt as follows

Click the Windows Start menu from the bottom left corner and type in cmd.exe

Right click on on the Command Prompt search result, and then choose Run as administrator.

b) In the command prompt window type the command below and press Enter

winmgmt /verifyrepository

c) You will get either one of these results:

WMI repository is inconsistent – problems detected >> go to step d)

d) To rebuild the repository type the command below and hit Enter

winmgmt /salvagerepository

e) You will receive one of the results below

WMIrepository salvage failed – failed to rebuild WMI repository. Try repeating step d) again.

WMIrepository has been salvaged – WMI repository has been successfully rebuilt. >> go to step g)

f) Reset the repository to its initial state using the command below and hit Enter

winmgmt /resetrepository

g) Now reboot the PC and check if the issue reoccurs
yes after a reboot still windows security tells me that the service is not enabled so I followed this video
I didn't restart yet, if this is not correct then I will just go change it back. Anyone sees something wrong ?

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.