Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Boot loop
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Tried restarting, loop is still there
Update was downloading, and let it run.

Afterwards the computer is stuck in a restart loop, not even Safe Mode can be accessed.

Does anyone have a fix?

Anti

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2017
Is it a notebook? In this case you can force a shutdown by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
Then remove the battery and wait a couple of minutes, then try again to turn on the computer.

It's a PC

Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
When the PC is turned off, wait a couple of seconds - and press the power button, that's how I do it.

If no result (PC doesn't show desktop) - then tourn PC off, and look at your memory strips - take them out and put them back, clean the contacts a bit...if no results, change your memory strips, one by one (attention to electrostatic...). If no results, maybe this is problem of some Microsoft update...

Upvote 0

Anti

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2017
When the PC is turned off, wait a couple of seconds - and press the power button, that's how I do it.

If no result (PC doesn't show desktop) - then tourn PC off, and look at your memory strips - take them out and put them back, clean the contacts a bit...if no results, change your memory strips, one by one (attention to electrostatic...). If no results, maybe this is problem of some Microsoft update...

It is a problem with an update…

Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hmmm boot into Safe Mode? you could do this? - ah I see: "not even Safe Mode can be accessed. " uh

Fix Endless Reboot Loop after Windows 10 Update

answers.microsoft.com: Windows update stuck in continuous loop

- what do you think about this link?

- from comment:

"As you are facing issues with restart loop, perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.
  1. Shut down the Computer.
  2. Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
  3. Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
  4. Connect the power source and start the computer.
  5. After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Hmmm boot into Safe Mode? you could do this? - ah I see: "not even Safe Mode can be accessed. " uh

Top 3 Ways to Fix Endless Reboot Loop after Windows 10 Update
drivethelife.com:

answers.microsoft.com: Windows update stuck in continuous loop

- what do you think about these links?

- from the second one, from comment:

"As you are facing issues with restart loop, perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.
  1. Shut down the Computer.
  2. Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
  3. Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
  4. Connect the power source and start the computer.
  5. After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates."

Your first link Is not liked my Malwarebytes

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Prorootect
Upvote 0

Anker_by

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
I think just put it in USB Drive, and then restore by command prompt MBR.... there are to many solutions for that. But i'm 100% sure by commands is easy fix.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

If you do get your Windows back, install Marcrium free and make a full image on an external DVD, hard drive of USB stick just for this occasion. And for those times when update fails and just keeps trying over and over again this works for me and I have had to do this at least 3 or 4 times on insider builds.

Go into drive C
Go into the Windows Folder
Find the Software Distribution Folder
Delete all the files in there
Run the update again normally

Upvote 0

Draygoes

Level 1
Verified
Mar 29, 2018
Just finished testing. TL;DR It works just fine.
Notes
Ram: 4GB
Virtual Software: Vmware Workstation
Infection Status: Fresh install; Not infected.
Will restart twice before creating a restore point.
Create restore point, then restart. (Screenshot)
restore point creation.PNG

Running system restore. (Screenshot)
runningrestore.PNG

Finished system restore successfully. (Screenshot)
system restore done.PNG

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.