• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Is https://windscribe.net. a legit windscribe site? I didn't know windscribe had a .net domain and have never seen the .net before only .com. Chrome flagged windscribe client as malicious, off course I did not run it, also only version 2.4 and not the updated version.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Is https://windscribe.net. a legit windscribe site? I didn't know windscribe had a .net domain and have never seen the .net before only .com. Chrome flagged windscribe client as malicious, off course I did not run it, also only version 2.4 and not the updated version.
Not sure what you are talking about. I use . They must have released the Beta version because my version does not say Beta. I'm not sure if it is a regional thing or not. Windscribe

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-18 062428.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-18 062428.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 89

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Set your VPN to a node in the USA and find out if it is regional.
It made no difference. I opened another browser, tried a different US server on the VPN and got offered v2.4 every time.

Attachments

• Windscribe v 2.4.PNG
    Windscribe v 2.4.PNG
    91.7 KB · Views: 81
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Thanks

Thanks. It seems to be a beta/guinea pig channel release, I was on the release one.
Yes that is what it shows but mine does not show Beta like it normally does and I did not have it set to Betas. Not sure what else to tell ya.
But then again, since I use Shadow Defender, I never have to worry about keeping anything :poop:I do not like

Reactions: Stopspying

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
How is the speed for you?
Sorry about the slow reply, have been away. It works well, I have not noticed any significant change in speed, for better or worse. It is certainly much, much better than Surfshark, which sadly is a joke VPN these days IMO.

Reactions: amirr

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I agree with your input on Surfshark. I meant that ExpressVPN and ProtonVPN's speed is much much better than the windscribe.

Reactions: Stopspying

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I agree that ProtonVPN is reliably fast, but here in the UK Windscribe seems to be fast as well.

Reactions: Azure

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.