Troubleshoot Winpatrol firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Want to know about this program, how it works is a real firewall or a network monitor or something like Binisoft WFC or what? Why this does not desactivate Windows 10 FW, How it works?

Reactions: jadinolf and shmu26

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I buy it because i know winpatrol (original winpatrol) are a legendary taskmanager whith hips features i love winpatrol is a classic pice of software. Now i see this deal and buy the package WAR WFW WP they dont answer
This is no longer the same classic WinPatrol company you are thinking of. They sold WinPatrol and the rights to that name. The response you aren't getting is what I experienced. Uninstalled.

Upvote 0

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Check this is the answer of the developer. Now on days i dont understand the diference between winpatrol, winpatrol fw and winpatrol antirasom

"WinPatrol Firewall is a Whitelisting based firewall that allow you to allow/block programs as well as ports for any program or ports going to IP addresses. It is meant as a very easy to use plug-n-play firewall for more non-technical users and can/should be run in conjunction with the Windows or other firewall."

I know Bit from bills sell the product to another company but i think it still good product. Maybe the bad thing is the support deelays. I hope they improve it. And for me that answer do not tell me much. I am more confused

WAR Stops malware traffic acctions, All their programs are whitlelist programs
How can it make the fw functions if it not are a firewall?

Upvote 0

Myrddin

Jan 28, 2019
I ask to winpatrol support but they... do not answer

I've used their WinPatrol program for many many years. I know that the original author of the software did transfer updates, management and the business in general to another person/company that he'd hand-picked. It could have been a glitch that you didn't get a reply.. they've always been very responsive in the past.
As far as some companies utilizing the firewall built into Windows.. yes, with the basics covered and all the structure available in the Windows 10 Firewall now, even Trend Micro has found they can start with it as a base and incorporate everything they want to modify it to their standards. I rather see this as a good thing and it also keeps from having resources that would probably be loaded to a degree no matter who's firewall you use, from being duplicated and taking up that much more memory.

Personally, I've had very good results over the years using a combination of their WinPatrol product, Trend Micro Internet Security and, most recently added the Malware protection that Acronis has available for free -- I feel better knowing that I have eyes on things that take a couple of unique approaches towards keeping my system safe. And, that particular grouping meshes well together without fighting each other.. they compliment each other's abilities well.

Anyway, I hope that the lack of a reply from WinPatrol was only an oversight. I've always kept them well regarded for having that type of foresight and dedication.

-Myr
.end.trans.

Reactions: Dave Russo
Upvote 0

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I've used their WinPatrol program for many many years. I know that the original author of the software did transfer updates, management and the business in general to another person/company that he'd hand-picked. It could have been a glitch that you didn't get a reply.. they've always been very responsive in the past.
As far as some companies utilizing the firewall built into Windows.. yes, with the basics covered and all the structure available in the Windows 10 Firewall now, even Trend Micro has found they can start with it as a base and incorporate everything they want to modify it to their standards. I rather see this as a good thing and it also keeps from having resources that would probably be loaded to a degree no matter who's firewall you use, from being duplicated and taking up that much more memory.

Personally, I've had very good results over the years using a combination of their WinPatrol product, Trend Micro Internet Security and, most recently added the Malware protection that Acronis has available for free -- I feel better knowing that I have eyes on things that take a couple of unique approaches towards keeping my system safe. And, that particular grouping meshes well together without fighting each other.. they compliment each other's abilities well.

Anyway, I hope that the lack of a reply from WinPatrol was only an oversight. I've always kept them well regarded for having that type of foresight and dedication.

-Myr
.end.trans.

It's dead.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.