Troubleshoot Winpatrol firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Want to know about this program, how it works is a real firewall or a network monitor or something like Binisoft WFC or what? Why this does not desactivate Windows 10 FW, How it works?

Reactions: jadinolf and shmu26

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
From what I can see it is called a "Firewall" but the WinPatrol people don't seem to consider it one. Maybe an antimalware program?

Upvote 0

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
I have never tried it, but it looks like it is built on top of Windows firewall, like Binisoft and Glasswire.
Yep, I installed it and have never even seen Windows firewall before . Well, I'm seeing it now.:)

Attachments

• firewall.jpg
    firewall.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
i dont know what it is for me is a network monitor i like to see how it works. If simple are a user interface for windows firewall or is something like binisoft or add more functionalities or i have to disable windows firewall?

Reactions: jadinolf
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
i dont know what it is for me is a network monitor i like to see how it works. If simple are a user interface for windows firewall or is something like binisoft or add more functionalities or i have to disable windows firewall?
Please send a question to Winpatrol support, and let us know what they said.

Upvote 0

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I buy it because i know winpatrol (original winpatrol) are a legendary taskmanager whith hips features i love winpatrol is a classic pice of software. Now i see this deal and buy the package WAR WFW WP they dont answer,. I see another companies does not respect their users, but i think the users dont care about it. Did you see my post on emsi forum :

I like emsisoft but i dont like some points of their vision. and some inconsistences in their discourse.First of all i have to say i agree whith this desision but i have some point who want they take in count.

Principally i think is bad dont take the user in count. Maybe a litle public survey previous to that desision make me feel i count, but no, they decide and nobody ask to us, and we are the user finally.

Second I like have no bloated software but i think emsisoft team are inconsistent most users says "Dont put all your eggs in one basket" but as i can see emsi says "dont use another softwares because we dont guarantee compatibility".

For example Adguard works well and nobody sees any issue but nobody guarantee compatibility.

Include emsi says they dont guarantee EAM works whith another firewall diferent of Windows, they say their feature to reforce windows firewall only works whith windows.

How can we make a custom security config if nobody help us to customise.

And answers like "If you dont like emsi search another providor like this are bad, You trap more flies whith honey. In another companies they say "Dont leave us and we give partial 50% refunds but stay"

On 10/8/2017 at 9:34 PM, Christian Mairoll said:
The 50% license period extension is the best we can do, sorry. Alternatively you can always ask for a refund of your paid money for the remaining period and go with a product from a different vendor.

Do not take me bad I love emsi and like their company vision i try you go well, and i belive in constructive criticism.

Try to educate us to show us what we need and what features we dont need and what add ons we can add and what we can nor.

For example i use now NVT and Winantirasom, i like Winantirasom and stop using NVT i have too Winprivacy or winpatrol firewall i know that programs have some functions similar to emsi and another diferents but i think 4 eyes works better than 2.

I use adguard as antipishing too. I think emsi must answer diferent. Not have to say.

I think and sorry for that, you are impositive sometimes and the users feel that whith your resent desision.

I take my own desisions "Stay whith emsi" and use another programs while i dont see aparent conflict.

Nobody cares. I think the developers must consider "We are their costumers, the most important part of a company"

Upvote 0

Gapp

Level 2
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
Seems like a network monitor there like GlassWire...

If you are looking for a firewall, have you given TinyWall, Evirom, Simple Firewall a thought there...

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Well i just installed it on my VM. It's definitely a firewall but not so advanced like Comodo, for example.

It gives you a list of programs with access to the internet and let you block their connection. You can block flash cookies as well and block specified ports.

It has some options to block unknown software from accessing the internet but this is if you buy a license.

It is really really basic and it relies on Windows Firewall. Seems like it would work good with the other Win-related products (more company software).

FUN FACT: i clicked on "advanced" button and i could access to the GUI color change. Yup, that's how advanced the software goes.

Upvote 0

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
And the developer dont answer ja ja

They DO answer. It may take a week but support always answers. For some reason my lic lost my license information and came up as not licensed. They wrote back explaining that had a server issue and resent my lic info. I think it took 3 or 4 days to reply via e-mail.

Upvote 0

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
They DO answer. It may take a week but support always answers. For some reason my lic lost my license information and came up as not licensed. They wrote back explaining that had a server issue and resent my lic info. I think it took 3 or 4 days to reply via e-mail.
Well, at least you got it. That's good news.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.