Battle WinRar or 7Zip? What's your favourite?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I've recently started using Qihoo's 360 Zip. It does a virus scan of any archive you open, and it is free of ads.
I don't know if it has changed, but in the past when I downloaded it from the above link, it installed in Russian. I installed the English language version from the Tool Box section of 360 Total Security.

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
I've recently started using Qihoo's 360 Zip. It does a virus scan of any archive you open, and it is free of ads.
I don't know if it has changed, but in the past when I downloaded it from the above link, it installed in Russian. I installed the English language version from the Tool Box section of 360 Total Security.
You need to have 360TotalSecurity installed to enable the trojan scan. So... kind of useless.

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
I prefer WinRar, when you want to "extract here" it's not in a submenu
are you sure?

7Zip_Context_Menu_Options_Windows.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.