Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
I actually did an test recently with only the behavioral protection enabled and I can confirm it detects it.

It was added manually via the streaming updates as Wisevectors static and behavioral AI wasnt detecting it until a couple weeks after I sent the email, aswell as the fact I had only seen the trojan.pws.generic detection when manually uploading files

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Cruelsister? You know I love you but, I have installed this program three times and had it crash my system badly! I have to disagree with you again on this software. It reminds me of a very bad program called Mc Caffee from the old days. Digs too far into the system and always messes things up. Might be somewhat fine for users here but not for grandma. It actualy pissed me off because it took up 1 hour of my time.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Cruelsister? You know I love you but, I have installed this program three times and had it crash my system badly! I have to disagree with you again on this software. It reminds me of a very bad program called Mc Caffee from the old days. Digs too far into the system and always messes things up. Might be somewhat fine for users here but not for grandma. It actualy pissed me off because it took up 1 hour of my time.
Are you using any software that might be conflicting with it?

Like for example Avast or AVG?

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I see that you have problems with this program, and understand that you think this is a bad program, but there are many users who praise the program. I have tried the program several times with different security programs installed along with WiseVector and have never experienced anything wrong with the program. Azure has a good point, maybe you have one or more programs that conflict with WiseVector?

LittleDude

Level 2
Verified
Jun 17, 2014
I've installed and uninstalled WiseVector numerous times to test it. Unfortunately I've had system freezes(requiring a forced reboot) plenty of times when playing around with it. I can't remember exactly what I did to cause it but I'm sure WiseVector was the cause. I've also had repeatable internet speed slowdowns caused by the web protection during "synthetic" tests with Ookla but don't know if that translates to the real world. I asked here how the web protection worked(as in what mechanism) but didn't get a response. That was another reason I was hoping the guide would be updated. I was running Kaspersky Free at the time, now using F-Secure so don't know if that will make a difference to these issues.
In case it sounds like I'm bagging it, I'm not. I'm eagerly awaiting for it to mature enough to be my main security but also frustrated when it seems progress has slowed of late. Developers are probably flat out behind closed doors but some news of progress would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I'm able to replicate my issue. If I exit WVSX and then try to restart it my system becomes unresponsive(it didn't always do this). Strangely if I scan a file from the context menu with WVSX it restarts fine. Another strange issue...is there supposed to be a WVSX icon when you right-click the drive list in left menu in explorer(can't remember the correct name)?

WVSX.png

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

To those of you that wonder if I have other security software installed? Of course, I do. And it always remains installed. Shadow Defender and AppGuard, with tweaks. This tells me Wise Vector is trying to go places it should not go. Like the poster above, the crashes are extreme. And so, like Me Caffee from days of old, I won't personally waste my time with it again.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I sent an email on the 4th of july with an sample, the sample was added as trojan.pws.generic (didnt remember the exact detection name but it was along those lines), the static and behavioral protection still doesnt detect it at all as I tried with an newer sample which wasnt detected, only the HIPS popped up warning that it tried to access browser data, I can send the newer sample if requested, though its identical to the one I sent.
The malware is a Discord token stealer, so you must keep Discord open before running the malware (you don't need to log into Discord).
We tested the malware with WVSX V3.07(auto update disabled, database is two months ago).

Whether you allow or block the actions in the HIPS window, it will eventually be detected by the behavior detection.

Screenshot 2022-08-23 145637.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-23 145734.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-23 145805.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-23 151618.jpg

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I was running Kaspersky Free at the time, now using F-Secure so don't know if that will make a difference to these issues.
Do the freezes happen again without using Kaspersky Free?
If I exit WVSX and then try to restart it my system becomes unresponsive(it didn't always do this).
Sorry, we didn't reproduce this. We will continue to monitor it to see if any other users are experiencing the same issue.
Another strange issue...is there supposed to be a WVSX icon when you right-click the drive list in left menu in explorer
Reproduced this issue. We will figure out the reason and get it resolved in the next release. Thanks for your feedback.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Bug: trying to open Wisevector as soon as the home screen loads causes an complete system freeze, similar in effect to the freeze you get when you disable the firewall, then click OK, then go back and enable the firewall and finally pressing OK again.

Possible conflict: Running the Roblox launcher (such as when launching games) causes Wisevector Main Program to use an constant 4-5% CPU, and even after running it for a few days it still consistently spikes back to 4-5% CPU, although not consistently and all the time , sometimes it spikes even to 25%, which seem to happen when going to an new server, all of this happens even if the game folder is excluded

Last edited:

LittleDude

Level 2
Verified
Jun 17, 2014
Bug: trying to open Wisevector as soon as the home screen loads causes an complete system freeze, similar in effect to the freeze you get when you disable the firewall, then click OK, then go back and enable the firewall and finally pressing OK again.
That's something I've found. It's like if WiseVector feels like I'm rushing it opening the UI the system freezes.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
trying to open Wisevector as soon as the home screen loads causes an complete system freeze
Tested(double click the icon on the taskbar to open WVSX). A very short freeze, around 3 seconds. Did you turn off the auto start of WVSX?
Possible conflict: Running the Roblox launcher (such as when launching games) causes Wisevector Main Program to use an constant 4-5% CPU
Can you please tell me the download link of Roblox? We will test. Thanks.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Previously i told that i have a problem of restarting and shutting down when WisevectorHIPSx64.sys FS driver running, i changed WisevectorHIPSx64.sys demand start to system start from processhacker, now my PC shutdown and restart w/o any issue!
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I shared your post with our technicians, they will check soon.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Tested(double click the icon on the taskbar to open WVSX). A very short freeze, around 3 seconds. Did you turn off the auto start of WVSX?
Wisevector is configured to start automatically, and the freeze occurs when double clicking the WVSX icon in the "Show Hidden Icons" at the bottom right of the taskbar
Can you please tell me the download link of Roblox? We will test. Thanks.
Roblox requires an account to download the client, and once you launch any game it will prompt you to download it.

Any time you launch the Roblox Game Client it starts to use 4-5% CPU, though the CPU usage decreases to around 0.1-1% as you use it more and more, altough it still uses CPU despite adding the roblox client to the exclusions, and sometimes it spikes to 30% for an good 10-15 seconds, I can confirm its due to Roblox as using other applications it uses maybe 0-5-1% when launching them and then calms down to 0% CPU usage after a few seconds and remains that way-

Example video 2022-08-28 15-48-22

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I figured out how to edit the download link to get WV 2.73. It is installed and has no DNS leak. Something in the way they implemented the network driver, firewall, etc., in version 3.** is the cause. Enough on this from me as it is out of my depth of understanding. 2.73 runs great and it is a great complement to VoodooShield.
Insightful, thanks! I've been running v2.73 for sometime, and have DL'd but not installed v3.07 yet. was planning to this weekend, but I suspect 3.07 might be problematic with network here, and I haven't been keeping up with all the posts, so I can wait until I better inform myself.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.