Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Though it hasnt been this slow, not only is the website a lot slower but its download and update speed is slower than it was a few months ago aswell, its especially concerning that they have been rather quiet, it would just be nice if they gave us an update on whats happening.

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Though it hasnt been this slow, not only is the website a lot slower but its download and update speed is slower than it was a few months ago aswell, its especially concerning that they have been rather quiet, it would just be nice if they gave us an update on whats happening.
The site does not load when using a VPN... I have to disable my vpn for the site to load. :/

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
Instead of adding Cloudflare another option is to host the site and updates outside of china, Cloudflare might speed it up a bit the way caching works on CF it keeps a cached copy of site files in the local pop it doesn't keep it cached locally forever it only keep frequency requested files since the amount of cache space is shared in each CF pop with other websites, so less popular sites might not actually be cached and if so probably not stay cached for long in that case CF will still have to fetch the file from china.

CF might speed it up a bit since they might use more optimal routed to the server than client isp, in the end China isn;t the most optimal server location for worldwide visitors.

Reactions: [correlate]

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I apologize in advance (I've been away from MT for a couple years) I vaguely recall that it was ok to run WVSX real-time with another av. Is that correct and does it apply the same for v2.73 and the newer 3.07? Asking as too much info to search thru. Seems like 3.07 does more than 2.73 so wondering if it's more likely to cause a conflict. For the past day or two, I have been running 2.73 with eset 15 on win10, and not seeing any problems or any slowdown. & will 3.07 install over 2.73 automatically, because it hasn't on my pc.

Reactions: [correlate]

dlr5668

Jan 4, 2021
I apologize in advance (I've been away from MT for a couple years) I vaguely recall that it was ok to run WVSX real-time with another av. Is that correct and does it apply the same for v2.73 and the newer 3.07? Asking as too much info to search thru. Seems like 3.07 does more than 2.73 so wondering if it's more likely to cause a conflict. For the past day or two, I have been running 2.73 with eset 15 on win10, and not seeing any problems or any slowdown. & will 3.07 install over 2.73 automatically, because it hasn't on my pc.
Depends. It should work fine with free kaspersky basic / windows defender

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

@WiseVector: Can you give a clear statement when the paid version of WVSX will be available? It would also be interesting to understand your business model.
Business model is to train AI:

1. Intercept it all
2. Scan it all
3. Interpret it all
4. Classify it all
5. Model it all

Wisevector has been gobbling up data and files for years, tweaking their AI. The Wisevector app is a data and file funnel for AI modeling.

AI becomes truly effective only at large-scale, unless you want to sit there and constantly tweak small data in your garage office. For best coverage and accuracy, the data sets need to be big. Really big. The best way to collect data - is to give away a free antivirus or free program - then sit back while the data needed to build and refine your AI is collected - for as long as is required. All the big software companies know diz. The Chinese government knows diz too and so has backed and fostered the Chinese AI revolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
Honestly, I´m not sure if we will see a paid version this year. WV told us several times that this will be the case, but there are no signs of activity from them. Although I like WVSX I´m wondering what their business model is and if we will ever see a paid version of WVSX.

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m
F

ForgottenSeer 95367

Honestly, I´m not sure if we will see a paid version this year. WV told us several times that this will be the case, but there are no signs of activity from them. Although I like WVSX I´m wondering what their business model is and if we will ever see a paid version of WVSX.
I think the wheels left the track whenever WVSX got HIPS and firewall, but after studying it a bit, it looks as if they might be trying to train their AI to handle and adjust HIPS and firewall events.

WVSX releases focus on very specific sample detection (and MITRE TTPs). Perhaps some Red Atomic too. Definitely zeros-in on CVEs. Lots of very deliberate, targeted training observed.

EASTER

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2017
I think the wheels left the track whenever WVSX got HIPS and firewall, but after studying it a bit, it looks as if they might be trying to train their AI to handle and adjust HIPS and firewall events.

WVSX releases focus on very specific sample detection (and MITRE TTPs). Perhaps some Red Atomic too. Definitely zeros-in on CVEs. Lots of very deliberate, targeted training observed.
It's been kind of mute on the Wise Vector side. Anyone have an idea if we're in neutral for awhile?

Have to admit that it's proven really formidable in my local testing's (including the firewall part to a degree). It's nice to implement a mousetrap silent approach until something springs it into lightning swift action.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Not to be a nagging nanny but is anyone else worried that all the data you send to the company becomes part of the Chinese government?! I know US and their things. Just asking.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.