Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Freeze bug: I am unsure how many files need to be in the quarantine for this to happen, but going into Quarantine and deleting all quarantined items, then closing the quarantine and quickly going into Log (sometimes, doesnt seem to be every time.) causes an system-wide freeze that persists even to the next reboot, only to slowly unfreeze after a couple minutes.

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
@WiseVector somehow my NextDNS client doesn't want to connect(although it says connected in the client, but when I check on the NextDNS website, it says I'm using my internet provider DNS). I tried adding the NextDNS processes to exclusions and it still doesn't work. When I stop or uninstall WiseVector, it works.

Reactions: simmerskool

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
@WiseVector somehow my NextDNS client doesn't want to connect(although it says connected in the client, but when I check on the NextDNS website, it says I'm using my internet provider DNS). I tried adding the NextDNS processes to exclusions and it still doesn't work. When I stop or uninstall WiseVector, it works.
You need to disable everything under Web Protection and Firewall, I believe they are causing an DNS leak.

Reactions: likeastar20

DotNet

Level 1
Verified
Sep 4, 2017
Yes, it's a bug I reported on April 11th. I thought the fact it overrides DNS changes might be a security concern. It also does the same thing to YogaDNS. Leaking DNS was enough of a security concern that I switched to Kaspersky. The other big concern was the creator of this being unable to figure out how or why his software had this effect. I still hope they get it figured out, but their response time and rate of improvement makes ClamAV look like a racehorse.

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
Yes, it's a bug I reported on April 11th. I thought the fact it overrides DNS changes might be a security concern. It also does the same thing to YogaDNS. Leaking DNS was enough of a security concern that I switched to Kaspersky. The other big concern was the creator of this being unable to figure out how or why his software had this effect. I still hope they get it figured out, but their response time and rate of improvement makes ClamAV look like a racehorse.
Such a shame, because the protection is good....

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Is it no longer receiving streaming updates? It doesnt automatically update anymore, neither on my VM or my Host.
It updating fine for me. I haven't used it for months, but just booted from my partition with WV installed and it automatically downloaded updates. It shows today as when it was last updated.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
It updating fine for me. I haven't used it for months, but just booted from my partition with WV installed and it automatically downloaded updates. It shows today as when it was last updated.
187fa1f3f0319e14c895581d2f5243f3.png

I had this for several minutes, while before it only took like 15-20 seconds, also, once it has finished updateed, the "Last Updated:" doesnt change, it remains stuck at the same date when it updated, I even waited an entire day, even manually updated, but that date would not change, while before it would change every 10-15 minutes.

Its was exactly the same on my host and in a VM, even being behind an VPN did not change anything.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I had this for several minutes, while before it only took like 15-20 seconds, also, once it has finished updateed, the "Last Updated:" doesnt change, it remains stuck at the same date when it updated, I even waited an entire day, even manually updated, but that date would not change, while before it would change every 10-15 minutes.

Its was exactly the same on my host and in a VM, even being behind an VPN did not change anything.
It's still working for me. It automatically updated again today as soon as I booted.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
The other question is: is the product still under development? Or has development stopped for whatever reasons?
I highly doubt they would have stopped permanently without notifying the community. They are an smaller company after all who wouldn't want to hurt their reputation, and thus should be given more time to work with.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.