Dec 21, 2017
BypassIO not supported due to WisevectorHIPS driver
bsAtr5NKV4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevi

GakunGak

Level 1
Jul 4, 2011
My last update is 2023-01-09, however it is still blocking threats.

Any word on the guys what's going on?
For the time being it is being complemented with Hourong IS, however if there's no news for quite some time, will consider switching back to Comodo.

Reactions: simmerskool

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
My last update is 2023-01-09, however it is still blocking threats.

Any word on the guys what's going on?
For the time being it is being complemented with Hourong IS, however if there's no news for quite some time, will consider switching back to Comodo.
This is normal.
For the current version, we are working on a new plan, and no updates will be available until the plan is finalized.

Best Regards,
Customer Service Team"

pvsurfer

Level 1
Verified
Oct 20, 2019
Give me a break - this is anything but 'normal'. Judging from what I'm seeing on Linkedin, it looks like top management could be 'abandoning (or have already abandoned) ship'!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zero Knowledge

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Wisevector was always a bit suspicious anyway. They have been around since 2017, but how? Who was funding them? Is there any info on that? Let me know if there is. You can't just keep developing a security product for free forever with no money, with no profit unless it's something like a free & open source, one man hobby product. Otherwise, someone has to invest money to keep it running.

Besides, when asked about third-party tests and windows security integration, they kept saying since 2020 that they will do those very soon. Later they gave excuses like it's too costly to do all that, but they'll do it. When people questioned its method of Windows startup which was done merely by a scheduled task, (Don't know if it was changed later) they gave many excuses to why it was safe. I and some other member here and on the wilder forum didn't buy it.
The excuses continued to... we'll do this next month, do that next year, paid version is coming soon, etc. with no real progress in practice.

Yeah, its protection is/was very good indeed but in this day and age you should never use an Antivirus that's not certified by Microsoft, doesn't have an ELAM driver, never tested/certified by well-known testing organizations, doesn't integrate into Windows Security and so on. Wisevector also had bugs.
Because of all these, they were always phishy to me. As Mr. @oldschool put it, "WV was too good to be true".
Now as they said, they'll focus on Enterprise Security. If that means that they will come up with an Enterprise version, then it'll have to meet all the requirements before releasing.
Developing Enterprise software cannot be a hobby, it's a job, it's a business, it needs money, it needs profit.
So good luck to them if they come back otherwise, R.I.P.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Wisevector was always a bit suspicious anyway. They have been around since 2017, but how? Who was funding them? Is there any info on that? Let me know if there is. You can't just keep developing a security product for free forever with no money, with no profit unless it's something like a free & open source, one man hobby product. Otherwise, someone has to invest money to keep it running.

Besides, when asked about third-party tests and windows security integration, they kept saying since 2020 that they will do those very soon. Later they gave excuses like it's too costly to do all that, but they'll do it. When people questioned its method of Windows startup which was done merely by a scheduled task, (Don't know if it was changed later) they gave many excuses to why it was safe. I and some other member here and on the wilder forum didn't buy it.
The excuses continued to... we'll do this next month, do that next year, paid version is coming soon, etc. with no real progress in practice.

Yeah, its protection is/was very good indeed but in this day and age you should never use an Antivirus that's not certified by Microsoft, doesn't have an ELAM driver, never tested/certified by well-known testing organizations, doesn't integrate into Windows Security and so on. Wisevector also had bugs.
Because of all these, they were always phishy to me. As Mr. @oldschool put it, "WV was too good to be true".
Now as they said, they'll focus on Enterprise Security. If that means that they will come up with an Enterprise version, then it'll have to meet all the requirements before releasing.
Developing Enterprise software cannot be a hobby, it's a job, it's a business, it needs money, it needs profit.
So good luck to them if they come back otherwise, R.I.P.
WiseVector did the same thing that SparkCognition did:

1. Provide an AI security solution for free - certain types of users will gobble it up enthusiastically
2. Use them as guinea pigs
3. Use their data to train the ML and AI
4. Pull the freeware and make it no longer available
5. Re-launch as an Enterprise solution

Reactions: Idanox

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
WiseVector did the same thing that SparkCognition did:

1. Provide an AI security solution for free - certain types of users will gobble it up enthusiastically
2. Use them as guinea pigs
3. Use their data to train the ML and AI
4. Pull the freeware and make it no longer available
5. Re-launch as an Enterprise solution
1-4 are highly likely and they have stated before that this is why the software exists for free.

There is no evidence that they will come back as an enterprise vendor (even though they have stated that too). The Enteprise software businesses is really rough and many have alredy cried there. I am not sure what WiseVector has planned to succeed.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
So glad I never downloaded this and the fact they did a lot of sketchy things too doesn't make this a plausible option to use. Shame though, was very promising.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.