Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

Not to me a nagging nanny but is anyone else worried that all the data you send to the company becomes part of the Chinese government?! I know US and their things. Just asking.
All nations' security services collect both domestic and international data.

China's PLA secretive cyber warfare units (e.g. 61398) are every bit as good, if not better than, the Israeli Unit 8200 and US NSA.

Everybody needs to stop worrying about data collection. When is the last time you heard of a government snatching up a person based upon metadata? Nah. They pick up people that openly post stuff on social media that they know will get them into trouble.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
All nations' security services collect both domestic and international data.

China's PLA secretive cyber warfare units (e.g. 61398) are every bit as good, if not better than, the Israeli Unit 8200 and US NSA.

Everybody needs to stop worrying about data collection. When is the last time you heard of a government snatching up a person based upon metadata? Nah. They pick up people that openly post stuff on social media that they know will get them into trouble.
Yes that is all true unless you are of the select few who hold a high level clearance of one nation and still want to keep your stuff protected by the best engine out there. I am a US citizen so I don't care what US has on me since well honestly I wrote (didn't say give since what's on paper it's who I am) my life to the US and they know everything I know. I however did not write my life to let say China or Russia or Italy or Germany etc. I still use those security solutions for my home defense since sometimes an non 5 eye security solution will see things that a 5 eye security solution won't. But still I am cautious and not naive regarding what data is shared and with whom. I can personally permit one nation the nation I belong to; to know my patterns of life but the thing becomes questionable when you are sharing data with your "cold war" adversary. And let not beat around the bush. China and the USA are friendly countries out of necessity and not altruism so any non covert chance to spy on each other they get they will use. For example the biggest invasion on US and western society pattern of life is Tick Tock. China knows it and they love it!

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Yes that is all true unless you are of the select few who hold a high level clearance of one nation and still want to keep your stuff protected by the best engine out there. I am a US citizen so I don't care what US has on me since well honestly I wrote (didn't say give since what's on paper it's who I am) my life to the US and they know everything I know. I however did not write my life to let say China or Russia or Italy or Germany etc. I still use those security solutions for my home defense since sometimes an non 5 eye security solution will see things that a 5 eye security solution won't. But still I am cautious and not naive regarding what data is shared and with whom. I can personally permit one nation the nation I belong to; to know my patterns of life but the thing becomes questionable when you are sharing data with your "cold war" adversary. And let not beat around the bush. China and the USA are friendly countries out of necessity and not altruism so any non covert chance to spy on each other they get they will use. For example the biggest invasion on US and western society pattern of life is Tick Tock. China knows it and they love it!
Home users are rarely the person of interest for governments. Feel free to use any software you wish to use.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021

This is from my point of view (video above):

The loading times is inconsistent, sometimes its very fast, sometimes its not, sometimes the site doesnt even load, the download speed isnt too slow, but it has been faster, I get the same results with and without an VPN.

It has been like this for a few months, and have coincided with an rather quiet period from you, with minimal responses, and the software hasnt received an update in just over 5 months, while previously its been on average 2 months between updates, so we are simply concerned how your progress is looking.

Last edited:

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014

This is from my point of view (video above):

The loading times is inconsistent, sometimes its very fast, sometimes its not, sometimes the site doesnt even load, the download speed isnt too slow, but it has been faster, I get the same results with and without an VPN.

It has been like this for a few months, and have coincided with an rather quiet period from you, with minimal responses, and the software hasnt received an update in just over 5 months, while previously its been on average 2 months between updates, so we are simply concerned how your progress is looking.
The video is just a black screen with a mouse cursor.

LittleDude

Level 2
Verified
Jun 17, 2014
I'm confused. I know you updated your comment but I just downloaded it again. Am I supposed to be seeing something other than a blank screen and a moving cursor?

Sorry all...I may have clicked on the link in Razza's quote instead of ScandanavianFish's updated original post.

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Stronghold

Level 1
May 27, 2022
@WiseVector no longer updates for me. I can't reach the website either (with VPN and without VPN).

When I check for updates I get
Receiving streaming updates... (white bar)
Downloading updates... (white bar)
Downloading Configuration Files... (white bar)

Then I either get update failed.. or no update available...

No update available sounds OK but the last update was on October 24 while Wisevector always had multiple database updates a day.

I even tried to put my VPN to China and Singapore to be closer to Mainland China but neither allowed me to access the site, it takes a few minutes and then I get an error.
The same thing happens without VPN.

Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@WiseVector no longer updates for me. I can't reach the website either (with VPN and without VPN).

When I check for updates I get
Receiving streaming updates... (white bar)
Downloading updates... (white bar)
Downloading Configuration Files... (white bar)

Then I either get update failed.. or no update available...

No update available sounds OK but the last update was on October 24 while Wisevector always had multiple database updates a day.

I even tried to put my VPN to China and Singapore to be closer to Mainland China but neither allowed me to access the site, it takes a few minutes and then I get an error.
The same thing happens without VPN.
on the win10 I'm sitting at with wvsxv2.73, it was not running, I opened it and asked it "check for updates" and it appeared to immediately connect and download updates. So sounds like some issue on your end. I only run wvsx as 2d opinion so no idea about any delay with automatic updates.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Win 8.1 Pro here. No problem with updates here. It checks and downloads when I boot up, and I generally check 3 or 4 times a day and receive any new updates. I've never had any issues of any kind with WiseVector StopX, either v2.73 or this v3.07.

DeBenez

Level 1
Jul 1, 2015
Hello @WiseVector, I installed WiseVector but it seems to have some issue with Valorant, when I try to launch the game it crashes with no message or errors. I tried to disable some/all components in WiseVector settings but without success. Only if I exit completely the program I can launch the game correctly. Maybe it's some compatibility issues with Riot VanGuard.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello @WiseVector, I installed WiseVector but it seems to have some issue with Valorant, when I try to launch the game it crashes with no message or errors. I tried to disable some/all components in WiseVector settings but without success. Only if I exit completely the program I can launch the game correctly. Maybe it's some compatibility issues with Riot VanGuard.

Indeed, I had already had the problem...
I reported it a long time ago but I never saw a fix... I hope he will see it @WiseVector

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
If I do this, it works perfectly fine for me

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    246.1 KB · Views: 159

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.