Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Ok. What is this? I just installed this program at the recommendation of @roger_m, and I did a scan, and immediately two folders with random files appeared on my D drive. Files I had never seen before with random names made out of uppercase and lowercase letters. I clicked one of the files and Wise Vector popped out a notification that it could be a ransomware.

What did you guys make me install? :cry:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Those are used by WV as bait folders/files:

1567078759532.png

Check WV settings and study them ;)

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I deleted the folders and tried to uninstall WiseVector. The uninstallation window froze. I rebooted the pc. WiseVector can no longer be found in the list of installed programs, but there is a folder in Program Files (x86) called Wise Vector and it cannot be deleted.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I deleted the folders and tried to uninstall WiseVector. The uninstallation window froze. I rebooted the pc. WiseVector can no longer be found in the list of installed programs, but there is a folder in Program Files (x86) called Wise Vector and it cannot be deleted.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have done what exactly you did and reproduced this issue.

You don't need to delete the ransomware bait folders manually, The uninstaller will do it. After the bait folders have been deleted manually, the uninstaller will freeze here because it cannot find them.:( We will redesign the uninstaller soon.

Please try the following steps to uninstall WiseVector StopX:

1. Go to WiseVector StopX installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector by default), and delete the folder named "cfg".
2. Run cmd.exe as an administrator. Change directory to the installation folder. Enter "WiseVectorService.exe -u". Please see screenshot for
more details.
3. Restart the computer and delete WiseVector StopX installation folder.

After this, you will uninstall WiseVector StopX completely. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
WiseVector

Attachments

• capture.JPG
    capture.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 188

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Please try the following steps to uninstall WiseVector StopX:

1. Go to WiseVector StopX installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector by default), and delete the folder named "cfg".
2. Run cmd.exe as an administrator. Change directory to the installation folder. Enter "WiseVectorService.exe -u". Please see screenshot for
more details.
3. Restart the computer and delete WiseVector StopX installation folder.
Thanks for your explanation. However, I managed to delete the folder before you wrote this post. What I did was to stop the WiseVector process in the Task Manager and then the folder could be deleted.

Is that ok? Is the program completely removed from my PC now? :confused:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for your explanation. However, I managed to delete the folder before you wrote this post. What I did was to stop the WiseVector process in the Task Manager and then the folder could be deleted.

Please download Autoruns here: Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

Click "Explorer" tab, if you can find "WiseVectorScan" here. Delete it.
Click "Service" tab, if you can find "WiseVector Service" here. Delete it.

As i mentioned before. The command "WiseVectorService.exe -u" can delete the above entries automatically.

Regards
WiseVector

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016

I think you should give it another try because you get rid of it too quickly before knowing that's the way it works
moreover, of you have a problem of uninstalling any program, you can try to reinstall it and then uninstall. Usually because something is missing, the program cannot uninstall itself. Reinstalling provides missing files so then you can uninstall with ease
sometimes you need extra tools to uninstall a program, such as uninstalling microsoft office when it's corrupted

again I can explain the appearance of some random folders you saw in your machine after installing Wisevector
those are the folders Wisevector created to fool ransomwares and to detect the ransomware activity
when ransomwares or any program try to access those folders, immediately, wisevector will block the programs or ransomwares regardless of what they are (even safe programs -> to prevent further damage

those are safe and intentionally created. I know they look very suspicious but the fact that they are useful

Last edited:

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
It's a WinZip file. I don't know what to do with it.

Click "Explorer" tab, if you can find "WiseVectorScan" here. Delete it.
Click "Service" tab, if you can find "WiseVector Service" here. Delete it.
What explorer tab? What "Service" tab? Where are these tabs located?

Hi,

Can you please tell me why you need change the directory right now? Did you install WiseVector StopX again?

This is why:

As i mentioned before. The command "WiseVectorService.exe -u" can delete the above entries automatically.

Regards
WiseVector

Please run cmd.exe as an administrator and refer to the screenshot to know how to change the directory.View attachment 222711
I don't know how to run cmd.exe as an administrator and the screenshot is not telling me anything informative because this is how the cmd.exe window looks on my PC:

C:\Users\MyUsername>

, and it cannot be deleted or changed by using the "backspace" key.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Reinstall, then attempt uninstall with Revo or Geek, if you want to get rid of it. I would personally keep it active, as it is very effective.
please may i know which AV do you use beside it ?? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I think you should give it another try because you get rid of it too quickly before knowing that's the way it works
moreover, of you have a problem of uninstalling any program, you can try to reinstall it and then uninstall. Usually because something is missing, the program cannot uninstall itself. Reinstalling provides missing files so then you can uninstall with ease
sometimes you need extra tools to uninstall a program, such as uninstalling microsoft office when it's corrupted

again I can explain the appearance of some random folders you saw in your machine after installing Wisevector
those are the folders Wisevector created to fool ransomwares and to detect the ransomware activity
when ransomwares or any program try to access those folders, immediately, wisevector will block the programs or ransomwares regardless of what they are (even safe programs -> to prevent further damage

those are safe and intentionally created. I know they look very suspicious but the fact that they are useful
please may i know which AV do you use beside it ?? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I found the only way to fully uninstall using Standard User Account without any command lines is to exit WiseVector, sign out of SUA, go to Administrator Account and exit WiseVector --> uninstall via control panel or Settings>Apps = done. This will eliminate program hanging without prompts from WiseVector. They clearly need to work on this.

This AV is extremely light, lighter than Cylance maybe. I just don't like that the application doesn't auto load on SUA. Some users may not mind. WiseVector has told me this issue is unrelated to not being registered in WSC. Also, you will need to disable this Exploit Protection setting for Edge Chromium if you desire Edge opening cleanly without warning "... dll injection...(and) ... installation error ... "

Capture.PNG

Other than that, it's a set and forget solution that looks to be testing well. Harden OS as @Evjl's Rain suggests (and which is a good practice in any case) and use extensions of your choice to make up for the absence of web filtering.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.