Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I found the only way to fully uninstall using Standard User Account without any command lines is to exit WiseVector, sign out of SUA, go to Administrator Account and exit WiseVector --> uninstall via control panel or Settings>Apps = done. This will eliminate program hanging without prompts from WiseVector. They clearly need to work on this.

This AV is extremely light, lighter than Cylance maybe. I just don't like that the application doesn't auto load on SUA. Some users may not mind. WiseVector has told me this issue is unrelated to not being registered in WSC. Also, you will need to disable this Exploit Protection setting for Edge Chromium if you desire Edge opening cleanly warning (without dll injection/installation error)

View attachment 222790

Other than that, it's a set and forget solution that looks to be testing well. Harden OS as @Evjl's Rain suggests (and which is a good practice in any case) and use extensions of your choice to make up for the absence of web filtering.
I think wisevector will need a lot of work yet

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Moreover, I am finding those folders on my external hard drives too. So far, the only drive I didn't find the folders on was C, but they might be somewhere there, hidden. I found the "fake" folders on D and on my external hard drives.
Hi,

WiseVector StopX bait folders will on your different drives to keep users from ransomware, they perform like traps. There will be no hidden bait folders except you set them as hidden ones, but when they are hidden, some ransomware will not encrypt them, so less effective.

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
It's a WinZip file. I don't know what to do with it.
Please unzip it and run the appropriate one. Run "Autoruns64.exe" in 64-bit windows, otherwise run "Autoruns.exe".
What explorer tab? What "Service" tab? Where are these tabs located?
After you have launched Autoruns, you will find them, please refer to the screenshot.
capture1.JPG

capture2.JPG

capture3.JPG

I don't know how to run cmd.exe as an administrator and the screenshot is not telling me anything informative because this is how the cmd.exe window looks on my PC:

C:\Users\MyUsername>

, and it cannot be deleted or changed by using the "backspace" key.
Please refer to the page: "Open CMD as admin with Windows+R shortcut" to know how to run cmd.exe as an administrator.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
hello WiseVector,

I want to report that Wisevector's Advanced malware protection (not realtime protection) seems to have some trouble detecting RAT malwares
here are 2 tests that show Advanced malware protection failed to block 2 RAT samples

in this test, both realtime and advanced malware protection missed it

in this test, the sample was already detected by Realtime protection -> I disabled RT protection to test the advanced protection
it missed it

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
When I consider that a product is incomplete I never use it. But then I see that the wise vektor team how interested is to improving its product.... Bravo to wisewektor. I will instal now wisevektor so maybe and I can help to improve your product. (y)

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
wise vector has installed. Very fast installation. One problem. The desktop icon is not working. Open the UAC a click yes and nothing. , I have to click tray icon to open the gui. I had some problems with the update. After 4 attempts it written update successful. Have not logs for the update? And while it has very fast start up my laptop , very low ram, i noticed some delay in applications. Maybe it's too early to see it. I will see it again after two days

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
One problem. The desktop icon is not working. Open the UAC a click yes and nothing. , I have to click tray icon to open the gui.

When opening via desktop did you see it open for maybe a millisecond and disappear/crash? The user is then forced to use tray icon. This was my experience. That seems to be a bug common to many (?) users here.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
hello WiseVector,

I want to report that Wisevector's Advanced malware protection (not realtime protection) seems to have some trouble detecting RAT malwares
here are 2 tests that show Advanced malware protection failed to block 2 RAT samples

in this test, both realtime and advanced malware protection missed it

in this test, the sample was already detected by Realtime protection -> I disabled RT protection to test the advanced protection
it missed it
Hi,

1. The first sample is Ursnif malware which is banker trojan not RAT. Recently, we have done a lot of research on multiple Ursnif malware samples. They use sophisticated in-memory evasion techniques to fight aginst av. We will bring new Real-time Advanced Memory Inspection( as I mentioned in my previous reply) feature in the next version of WV to detect this kind of malware.
Trust me, it's a real difficult task, since AI based deep memory analysis has performance issue. We must ensure the effectiveness, meanwhile the operating system can run fast as well.
Please be patient to wait. Thank you.

2. The second sample seems only connected to network without any further action. That means advanced detection does not have enough indicators to decide whether this file is malicious or not. :(
If you have WiseVector StopX Real-time protection enabled, the running malware will be eliminated since the Real-time protection also includes basic memory analysis, not so powerful like deep memory analysis I mentioned above, but it is enough to detect this malware.

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
wise vector has installed. Very fast installation. One problem. The desktop icon is not working. Open the UAC a click yes and nothing. , I have to click tray icon to open the gui. I had some problems with the update. After 4 attempts it written update successful. Have not logs for the update? And while it has very fast start up my laptop , very low ram, i noticed some delay in applications. Maybe it's too early to see it. I will see it again after two days
Hi,

Thanks for being interested in WiseVector StopX.
We just had a test, but not reproduced this issue.
Can you please tell me what's your operating system?

Regards,
WiseVector

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Hi,

Thanks for being interested in WiseVector StopX.
We just had a test, but not reproduced this issue.
Can you please tell me what's your operating system?

Regards,
WiseVector
windows 10 1903. My friend the protection is just perfect. I test at 20 new samples and 50 old. The results ....perfect . But the product has many problems. WiseVector.exe ( desktop icon ) not working. Many times update failed or got stuck. Problem with Opera browser. It slowed it down a lot and the cpu from wisevector goes up too much. After After 5 6 attempts with Opera I had a very high temperature in the cpu. After i thought about reinstalling wiseVector. I tried to uninstall it with the revo uninstaller pro. I received a message from wiseVector to disable it. When I finally uninstalled it erased files from the windows. I did a quick REINSTALLATION my windows 10 and again and reinstalled wiseVector . I had the exact same problems. Only the problem with updates was solved. But again delay and hi temperature with the Opera browser. I decided to uninstall it. But this time with Iobit uninstaler PRO. Because Revo PRO is agresive program. Again message from wiseVector and again delete files from windows. Now I just finished a clean installation of windows. I hope you anderstand my bad english. Is one program with very good protection but still have many problems like i was see and from the other members. The Uninstalling of wiseVector it is a big problem. I'll wait until you get a new version. If the problems are fixed then I will definitely install wiseVector because the protection and the performance is top .

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
windows 10 1903. My friend the protection is just perfect. I test at 20 new samples and 50 old. The results ....perfect . But the product has many problems. WiseVector.exe ( desktop icon ) not working. Many times update failed or got stuck. Problem with Opera browser. It slowed it down a lot and the cpu from wisevector goes up too much. After After 5 6 attempts with Opera I had a very high temperature in the cpu. After i thought about reinstalling wiseVector. I tried to uninstall it with the revo uninstaller pro. I received a message from wiseVector to disable it. When I finally uninstalled it erased files from the windows. I did a quick REINSTALLATION my windows 10 and again and reinstalled wiseVector . I had the exact same problems. Only the problem with updates was solved. But again delay and hi temperature with the Opera browser. I decided to uninstall it. But this time with Iobit uninstaler PRO. Because Revo PRO is agresive program. Again message from wiseVector and again delete files from windows. Now I just finished a clean installation of windows. I hope you anderstand my bad english. Is one program with very good protection but still have many problems like i was see and from the other members. The Uninstalling of wiseVector it is a big problem. I'll wait until you get a new version. If the problems are fixed then I will definitely install WiseVector because the protection and the performance is top .
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
A. What's the version of Opera Browser you are using? We have downloaded multiple version of Opera for testing and it can work smoothly with WiseVector StopX.

You can try the following instructions to see if they can fix the issue or not.
1. Click "Exclusions" , Add Opera installation folder( c:\users\your user name\AppData\local\Program\Opera) to exclude Opera Browser ( please refer to the screenshot 1)
2. If not work, go to " Settings>Advance" and click "Exclusions" (please refer to the screenshot 2) to add c:\users\your user name\AppData\local\Program\Opera\launcher.exe and opera.exe on the list.

(Screenshot 1)
1.JPG

(Screenshot 2)
2.JPG

B. WiseVector StopX has it's own uninstaller and the most simple and efficient way to uninstall WiseVector StopX is: 1, Exit WV first; 2, Using WV uninstaller; 3, Restart your computer. Then it can be removed completely from your computer. No need to use other uninstallers.

Any question, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
WiseVector

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
hello Wisevector, thank you for all your support

I want to report this incident. Please have a look at this ransomware:

it was detected by Realtime protection -> I turned off realtime protection to test Advanced malware protection and ransomware protection modules
it was blocked but successfully encrypted the virtual machine before being blocked. It encrypted extremely fast that WV could not react quickly enough
I tested it twice to confirm the result

The test I posted is here

Thank you

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
A. What's the version of Opera Browser you are using? We have downloaded multiple version of Opera for testing and it can work smoothly with WiseVector StopX.

You can try the following instructions to see if they can fix the issue or not.
1. Click "Exclusions" , Add Opera installation folder( c:\users\your user name\AppData\local\Program\Opera) to exclude Opera Browser ( please refer to the screenshot 1)
2. If not work, go to " Settings>Advance" and click "Exclusions" (please refer to the screenshot 2) to add c:\users\your user name\AppData\local\Program\Opera\launcher.exe and opera.exe on the list.

(Screenshot 1)
View attachment 222988
(Screenshot 2)
View attachment 222989
B. WiseVector StopX has it's own uninstaller and the most simple and efficient way to uninstall WiseVector StopX is: 1, Exit WV first; 2, Using WV uninstaller; 3, Restart your computer. Then it can be removed completely from your computer. No need to use other uninstallers.

Any question, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
WiseVector
Thanks for your fast answer. I will try it again after few time. (Everthing to my system is with the last update. or windows or opera or chrome is the last versions

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.