WV1.pngWV2.png

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Checked WiseVector in some online scanning service. And I'm curious about two things it reported
1. Contains ability to open the clipboard
2. Contains ability to retrieve keyboard strokes
Hi Azure,

You get the information from https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/4bd4d6ee47138d0846c333ddb56c6764afe408c85be80f4981f66d73f33f03db?environmentId=120 , right?

WiseVector StopX installer is built by NSIS ( Nullsoft Scriptable Install System ). NSIS will import some API but not means it will call
these API eventually.

Please refer to the screenshot accordingly. You can also use the API Monitor tool (API Monitor: Spy on API Calls and COM Interfaces (Freeware 32-bit and 64-bit Versions!) | rohitab.com) to analyze WiseVector StopX Installer to see if it has any suspicious behavior.

By the way, WiseVector StopX installer is clean in VT: VirusTotal

2.JPG
1.JPG

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Can WiseVector be used as a complement to Windows Defender or one would need to stop using Defender and switch to WiseVector?
Hi notabot,

WiseVector StopX can work well with Windows Defender, but they have lots of same features, so you can disable Windows Defender to optimize Windows for better performance.

Regards,
WiseVector

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Hi Azure,

You get the information from https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/4bd4d6ee47138d0846c333ddb56c6764afe408c85be80f4981f66d73f33f03db?environmentId=120 , right?

WiseVector StopX installer is built by NSIS ( Nullsoft Scriptable Install System ). NSIS will import some API but not means it will call
these API eventually.

Please refer to the screenshot accordingly. You can also use the API Monitor tool (API Monitor: Spy on API Calls and COM Interfaces (Freeware 32-bit and 64-bit Versions!) | rohitab.com) to analyze WiseVector StopX Installer to see if it has any suspicious behavior.

By the way, WiseVector StopX installer is clean in VT: VirusTotal

View attachment 224047View attachment 224048
Yes. That's where I got the info. I'm grateful you decided to reply. If you are saying there is nothing to worry about, then ok.

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Hi notabot,

WiseVector StopX can work well with Windows Defender, but they have lots of same features, so you can disable Windows Defender to optimize Windows for better performance.

Regards,
WiseVector

if performance is not a concern, at least for now, how do the two work well together and not conflict? don't they both monitor memory concurrently ? A Hardened Defender eg complains about Emsisoft Emergency Kit scans (or at least it used to a few months back when I tried it)

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
if performance is not a concern, at least for now, how do the two work well together and not conflict? don't they both monitor memory concurrently ? A Hardened Defender eg complains about Emsisoft Emergency Kit scans (or at least it used to a few months back when I tried it)
My dear friend,

Yes, they both monitor memory concurrently. We have tested and ensure the two can work well together. So, please don't worry.

floalma

Level 4
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
For which reason I got 182 Mb (Private bytes) for the process Wisevectorsvc.exe with the Process Hacker and 14.8 Mb Memory with the Task Manager ?
Why such differences for the same process ? Is there a difference 'between Private' bytes and Memory' ?

Attachments

• WisevectorSvc.png
    WisevectorSvc.png
    183 KB · Views: 184

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
For which reason I got 182 Mb (Private bytes) for the process Wisevectorsvc.exe with the Process Hacker and 14.8 Mb Memory with the Task Manager ?
Why such differences for the same process ? Is there a difference 'between Private' bytes and Memory' ?
Hi floalma,

Private Bytes refer to the amount of physical memory (RAM) that the process executable has asked for - not necessarily the amount it is actually using. The Task Manager shows the amount it is actually using. Please don't worry.:)

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

floalma

Level 4
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
@WiseVector

A few things to considerate on your next release:

1. Extremely slow scan, it took more than 6 hours to scan my computer.
2. It doesn't start automatically when reboot my computer, from my user account. WV process doesn't appear.
3. Right click to scan with WV, windows failed to appear.
4. About CPU, peaks a little more than 60% of the CPU.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.