WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @harlan4096 ,

Thanks for your testing and submitting the two samples to us.:)
In order to not disturb users, we are trying our best to let AI make its own decisions to stop the suspicious behavior or not, but unfortunately in this case the AI let the malware go and create some startup items. It’s really embarrassed. :-(
We have fixed this problem in our upcoming build 2.5. Since the new version provides enhanced static engine and behavior detection, etc.
We just had a test and the two samples can be detected by our static scanning, behavior detection and our AI based deep memory inspection. They can be stopped completely by WiseVector StopX.
The Build beta 2.5 will be released in one week. Hooray!

Good Day!
WiseVector

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Still no plans to make StopX autostart on SUA? 🤔
means you have to launch it manually at every boot?

Hi,
Sorry, we don't have a plan to make WiseVector StopX autostart on SUA in the upcoming build 2.5. Maybe in 2.6...:unsure:
That isn't good. Even if SUA isn't commonly used by home users, enterprises' workstations often use it as base account for employees.

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
WiseVector StopX scans the windows registry
You're probably referring to real-time protection. When I run a scan I don't see the registry keys it scans, you only see the system files. My suggestion would be that the UI shows the registry keys it scans as well as the operating memory and auto-start locations. It's okay for you as developers to look for simplicity in the use of antivirus but there are things you should consider. Just an opinion.

Greetings and congratulations for the work you do developing this antivirus.(y)

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
means you have to launch it manually at every boot?

That isn't good. Even if SUA isn't commonly used by home users, enterprises' workstations often use it as base account for employees.
Thanks for your reply. This request is on our to do list, since lots of functions of WiseVector StopX cannot run without administrator permission at present and we have a lot of work to do.

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
You're probably referring to real-time protection. When I run a scan I don't see the registry keys it scans, you only see the system files. My suggestion would be that the UI shows the registry keys it scans as well as the operating memory and auto-start locations. It's okay for you as developers to look for simplicity in the use of antivirus but there are things you should consider. Just an opinion.

Greetings and congratulations for the work you do developing this antivirus.(y)
Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. :)
WiseVector StopX scans startup items and other registry keys and all of this happens in a very short time. If the UI shows the details, we think just a few of users can notice them.:unsure:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector: please check the dynamic test of the sample here: https://malwaretips.com/threads/9-12-19-12.96883/post-848349

WVSX detected the attack but could not completely stop the loop, thanks! :)
HI,
Thanks for your testing.
I think we have been in a loop already:), since whenever we said to ourselves: “hey guys...our new version is good enough, let’s release it soon”, you would hit us back and reminded us WiseVector StopX was a little bit far from Good.(Just for kidding. Please go on, my friend, let's fight against malware together!)
For example,last week, we were trying to fix the problem existed in the thread: https://malwaretips.com/threads/lockbit-ransomware-abcd.96795/, WiseVector StopX failed to remove this malware because it uses process reimaging method to hide itself from AV. We have added two layers of defense to against malware using the same technology.
We plan to release our new version in a few days.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
What detection/protection methods this av has?

AI= yes
Cloud detection=?
Behavior blocker=?
Heurestics=Yes
Cloud file lookups(cloud analysis of suspicios files) ???

Does this program stays free ?

I really respect the developer, nice updates and fast. Thats insane, developed one of the best free av
They have a behavior blocker, AI and ransomware protection, so it (probably?) is completely reliant on the behavior of programs, which is why it works running alongside other antiviruses, it also means its very very light on system resources, when I checked it out it used around 40 megabytes of memory.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.