Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Apologies if this has been asked already, but are the algorithms/processing happening locally or via the cloud?

What is the reason for the frequent pings to cloud.wisevector.com?
Hi,

The algorithms and processing are based locally.
What do you mean by " pings to cloud.wisevector .com"? We use "cloud.wisevector.com" to update, but not "ping".

Best Regards,
WiseVector

trujax

Level 1
Verified
Sep 19, 2017
Hi,

The algorithms and processing are based locally.
What do you mean by " pings to cloud.wisevector .com"? We use "cloud.wisevector.com" to update, but not "ping".

Best Regards,
WiseVector

What is the difference between cloud.wisevector.com and update.wisevector.com? What triggers the progam to look for updates? There does not appear to be a setting to adjust frequency.

The amount and "erratic" times, lead me to believe there are triggers in place to cause it to reach out to the cloud. The PC this is on, is not very active, and certainly does not have a high level of file activity, but there are days with in excess of 50-60 separate communications to cloud.wisevector.com.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
What is the difference between cloud.wisevector.com and update.wisevector.com? What triggers the progam to look for updates? There does not appear to be a setting to adjust frequency.

The amount and "erratic" times, lead me to believe there are triggers in place to cause it to reach out to the cloud. The PC this is on, is not very active, and certainly does not have a high level of file activity, but there are days with in excess of 50-60 separate communications to cloud.wisevector.com.
Hi,

Both cloud.wisevector.com and update.wisevector.com are for updates. Can you plese tell me why you want to adjust frequency? The updates have no effect on your internet speed. It uses very limited network traffic.:)

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

Last edited:

trujax

Level 1
Verified
Sep 19, 2017
Hi,

Both cloud.wisevector.com and update.wisevector.com are for updates. Can you plese tell me why you want to adjust frequency? The updates have no effect on your internet speed. It uses very limited network traffic.:)

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

I don’t care about network traffic, I care about what it’s actually doing and what it’s transmitting. If everything is locally based, why would it need to look for updates that often? If it were signature based then it’s understandable. Since it’s not, it doesn’t make much sense to me, unless you change the algorithms that often.

Healthy skepticism.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
removed wise vector as it had consistent 5% to over 10% cpu usage on my low end pc
even turning advanced and memory protection off seemed to lower it a bit but disabling real time protection seem to fix it has it lowered it
to a 1% -0.1% usage after uninstall opening chrome seemed faster
so any bb ai or not isn't for a low devices XD

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I don’t care about network traffic, I care about what it’s actually doing and what it’s transmitting. If everything is locally based, why would it need to look for updates that often? If it were signature based then it’s understandable. Since it’s not, it doesn’t make much sense to me, unless you change the algorithms that often.

Healthy skepticism.
Hi,

Please refer to this page:智量终端安全隐私条款 | 智量, this is our privacy policy which can help you have a better understanding of what Wisevector StopX is actually doing. whenever there are false positives and malware missed, updates will be triggered. If WiseVector StopX is cloud based, updates will be much more frequent. :)

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
removed wise vector as it had consistent 5% to over 10% cpu usage on my low end pc
even turning advanced and memory protection off seemed to lower it a bit but disabling real time protection seem to fix it has it lowered it
to a 1% -0.1% usage after uninstall opening chrome seemed faster
so any bb ai or not isn't for a low devices XD
Hi,

I have sent a message to you. Please check. Thank you!

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
WVSX has been tested several times in the Hub by @Evjl's Rain and also by me (twice), and soon when WVSX 2.6 is here will test again :)

I also use it as a Second Opinion Scanners in my Hub malware tests with other security solutions, and check every malware pack with it, sending the undetected samples :)

trujax

Level 1
Verified
Sep 19, 2017
Hi,

Please refer to this page:智量终端安全隐私条款 | 智量, this is our privacy policy which can help you have a better understanding of what Wisevector StopX is actually doing. whenever there are false positives and malware missed, updates will be triggered. If WiseVector StopX is cloud based, updates will be much more frequent. :)

I appreciate the responses.

I have relationships with most of the next gen Endpoint vendors, and the efficacy that I’ve seen from WV has been impressive. My concerns linger, but I will dig into it a bit more elsewhere so as not to clog up this space.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
WiseVector Any plan to provide an option to scan files on execution only? Currently WV scans only newly created files but an additional option to scan on execution only may increase the performance a bit if used alongside other AVs like Windows Defender.
Hi,

Thank you for your advice.
We would like to add this feature to V2.6 now and it will be released soon.

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I've been running WV 2.09 assuming at some point when you are ready it will update to 2.5 or 2.6, etc. Sorry if this has already been explained somewhere.
Hi,

V2.09 cannot upate to V2.5 or V2.6 at present. If you want to try our new version, you can download it and overwrite then.

Regards,
WiseVector

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.