Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I did and setup for only checking on execution. But I really had no problems. Neither EICAR nor real malware sent my computer on a spiral of eternal notifications as some combinations do.
What type of exclusions and which files ?

Reactions: stefanos

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Cattura.PNG

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hi,

For the first time, I'm testing the latest version of WV.

Today early in the morning everything seemed okay for a couple of hours.
But in the last ten hours, the process C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector is consuming 15% of my CPU, non-stop, all the time. And used memory is jumping every second, from around 50.000k to 1.300.000k. It may sound insignificant, but after 10 hours in same situation, my computer is very hot and my battery of course died (was totally consumed).
Unfortunately I can't say if WV is doing something, simple because nothing appears at WV UI.

Is this normal?
Is this a kind of first long silent scanning of my system? If this is the case, how longer is this going to take?

Thank you

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,

For the first time, I'm testing the latest version of WV.

Today early in the morning everything seemed okay for a couple of hours.
But in the last ten hours, the process C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector is consuming 15% of my CPU, non-stop, all the time. And used memory is jumping every second, from around 50.000k to 1.300.000k. It may sound insignificant, but after 10 hours in same situation, my computer is very hot and my battery of course died (was totally consumed).
Unfortunately I can't say if WV is doing something, simple because nothing appears at WV UI.

Is this normal?
Is this a kind of first long silent scanning of my system? If this is the case, how longer is this going to take?

Thank you
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
It's abnormal. Usually, the CPU usage will keep a bit high in one minute after WiseVector StopX is just started. Then the CPU usage will be much more lower.
I have sent you a message, please check.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hi @WiseVector , thanks for your replay.

Yesterday, after more than 15 hours of abnormal behavior, and before receiving your message, I finally decided to abort the WiseVector.exe process (C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector.exe), I uninstalled WV, and I did a complete clean of WV' folder and registries. Today I re-installed WV, just now I re-started my tests once again... so far, so good.

I received your pm.
If the problem appears again, I'll follow your Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals ' request, sending you the info.

Please, I take the opportunity to ask:

1) I've read lot of reviews about AI driven security software. One critic against them is that their algorithm usually is too focused in local threats. Is this the case for WV? As a Chinese software, is WV focused on Asian or on global threats?

2) What kind of threats are not covered by WV? (besides internet browsing)

3) Is it possible to compare WV with other AI driven software? (Cylance, AhnLab etc). In simple words: What are WV's strengths when compared to similar peers or competitors? Why to use WV instead other similar solutions?

Thank you

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @WiseVector , thanks for your replay.

Yesterday, after more than 15 hours of abnormal behavior, and before receiving your message, I finally decided to abort the WiseVector.exe process (C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector.exe), I uninstalled WV, and I did a complete clean of WV' folder and registries. Today I re-installed WV, just now I re-started my tests once again... so far, so good.

I received your pm.
If the problem appears again, I'll follow your Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals ' request, sending you the info.

Please, I take the opportunity to ask:

1) I've read lot of reviews about AI driven security software. One critic against them is that their algorithm usually is too focused in local threats. Is this the case for WV? As a Chinese software, is WV focused on Asian or on global threats?

2) What kind of threats are not covered by WV? (besides internet browsing)

3) Is it possible to compare WV with other AI driven software? (Cylance, AhnLab etc). In simple words: What are WV's strengths when compared to similar peers or competitors? Why to use WV instead other similar solutions?

Thank you
Hi,

Thanks for your reply as well.:)

1.WiseVector StopX focuses on global threats.
2.Online phishing is not covered.
3.Sorry, we know little about Ahnlab, so we have no idea how to compare WiseVector with it.
Cylance focuses on enterprise bussiness and providing service accordingly. We downloaded the home user version of Cylance to have a test. Honestly, we were not so impressed by it.
At present, WiseVector focuses on home users and cares about every user's feedback.
We are specialized in advanced and stealth threats detection. WiseVector StopX is effective and powerful, meanwhile it's extremely lightweight.
It has multi-layers protection, including AI based behavior detection, Memory protection, Ransomware detection, Privacy protection and Instruction tracer.
With these features, it's able to be a very strong shield to keep users from zero-day malware, ransomware, fileless malware, stealer malware and etc.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hey guys,
dont know if some1 alrdy asked this (i am lost in all this pages), for report some false positives found with aggressive heuristics, for whitelist them should upload file or have to send a mail? @WiseVector
You can upload directly through WiseVector StopX.
If the file over 20M, please send it to: support@wisevector.com or PM here on the forum.

Nice day!

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
You can upload directly through WiseVector StopX.
If the file over 20M, please send it to: support@wisevector.com or PM here on the forum.

Nice day!
Hello @WiseVector
Again thanks for your very fast nd good help to solve my false positive Q&A - ORGCHART.EXE.bak
I would suggest that when uploading a suspicious/or probably false positive file you add the possibility to post a comment for explaining the reason of this submission.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.