Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020
Hello @WiseVector
Again thanks for your very fast nd good help to solve my false positive Q&A - ORGCHART.EXE.bak
I would suggest that when uploading a suspicious/or probably false positive file you add the possibility to post a comment for explaining the reason of this submission.
@WiseVector
I appreciated much the reactivity with who u whitelisting false positives (low then 10 minutes :oops:). I would suggest another mechanism. U are not using signatures if i understand how product work, so u can encounter some fps and some threats. Why dont give the opportunity to send u all threats with 1 click (Upload to WiseVector for analysis), so u can analyze all them and put all files in quarantene temporarily. After u have Verdict u can whitelist them automatically (if FPS) or Quarantine/Delete(with some message like File analyzed:Threats found!). This will help make u product almost perfect in my opinion.

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
@WiseVector thanks for your answer.

For the last 12 months I've been testing Cylance (HE) and AhnLab etc. And now my intention is to start testing WV (since February I was waiting for the announced v2.6). I presume v2.6 finally makes WV enough mature and ready to be compared to its peers.

Cylance (HE) and AhnLab, both have their pros and cons, but both are very lightweight.
However, WV is even more lightweight (-50% system resources than Cylance and AhnLab). Quiet impressive. Congrats.

After uninstalling and reinstalling WV days ago, I haven't seen again the issue related to high CPU/RAM use.
So now I believe I can focus on protection tests. For several months I followed here some tests and testers. It's time to make my own tests... let's see what WV can do (compared to Cylance and AhnLab).

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018

For the last 12 months I've been testing Cylance (HE) and AhnLab etc. And now my intention is to start testing WV (since February I was waiting for the announced v2.6). I presume v2.6 finally makes WV enough mature and ready to be compared to its peers.

Cylance (HE) and AhnLab, both have their pros and cons, but both are very lightweight.
However, WV is even more lightweight (-50% system resources than Cylance and AhnLab). Quiet impressive. Congrats.

After uninstalling and reinstalling WV days ago, I haven't seen again the issue related to high CPU/RAM use.
So now I believe I can focus on protection tests. For several months I followed here some tests and testers. It's time to make my own tests... let's see what WV can do (compared to Cylance and AhnLab).
Hi,

Thanks for reinstalling WiseVector StopX and making tests.
Looking forward to your feedback.:)

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @WiseVector

Friday at 5:53 PM

@Mops21, Sorry for the inconvience! We just removed the installer of V2.60 and released V2.61. Since we have found a problem: Due to a configuration file error in the V2.60 installer, V2.60 can only update virus definity signatures, but cannot update to V2.61 automatically.
There are two ways can update to V2.61:

I have downloaded this Version and check this please that is not updated WiseVector Eigenschaftsinfos Bug 01 are the Infos not updated see the Fileversion and Productversion it says 2.6.0.0 is that so right

And is this the English Version too

Saturday at 2:05 AM

Mikesierra said:

Looks like this is the Chinese version. Is there also an English version available?

And you have posted the English Version download Link that says the same infos

Witzh best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• WiseVector Eigenschaftsinfos Bug 01.jpg
    WiseVector Eigenschaftsinfos Bug 01.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by a moderator:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @WiseVector

Friday at 5:53 PM

@Mops21, Sorry for the inconvience! We just removed the installer of V2.60 and released V2.61. Since we have found a problem: Due to a configuration file error in the V2.60 installer, V2.60 can only update virus definity signatures, but cannot update to V2.61 automatically.
There are two ways can update to V2.61:

I have downloaded this Version and check this please that is not updated WiseVector Eigenschaftsinfos Bug 01 are the Infos not updated see the Fileversion and Productversion it says 2.6.0.0 is that so right

And is this the English Version too

Saturday at 2:05 AM

Mikesierra said:

Looks like this is the Chinese version. Is there also an English version available?

And you have posted the English Version download Link that says the same infos

Witzh best Regards
Mops21
Oh, we should be a little bit more careful when we do our job.:D
Thanks for your feedback. We would like to update the details in our next release.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector or others,
Would ask if u have idea how much is difference in protection and false positives using all 4 different heuristics in percentage. For example is rly much the difference from low to aggressive?
Generally speaking, the higher level of protection means higher detection rate but more FPs.
It's suggested that users can use WiseVector StopX with the default settings,:)since if there is a malware missed by static scanning, our multi-layers protection will stop it as well.

Last edited:

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Oh, we should be a little bit more careful when we do our job.:D
Thanks for your feedback. We would like to update the details in our next release.

Hi @WiseVector

Thank you very much for your Infos

When you open the Thread for False Positives here you can use it for all Wisevector detected Files

And can you post the Link to that Thread here please

With best Regards
Mops21

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @WiseVector

Thank you very much for your Infos

When you open the Thread for False Positives here you can use it for all Wisevector detected Files

And can you post the Link to that Thread here please

With best Regards
Mops21

Yes, I will. I have sent a PM to Jack to ask if it's OK, but no reply still now.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016

Can't wait for an update about the test results !

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hello Guys,

Here is the update log of WiseVector StopX V2.62 Beta:
1. Fixed the problem that may cause increased memory usage under certain specific conditions.
2. Fixed the problem that after minimizing the window, it may not be restored from the taskbar.
3. Prevented flickering window once at startup.
4. Increase the detection rate of malware in Office format.
5. Fixed the problem that memory detection may cause a bit high CPU usage under certain specific conditions.
6. Some other adjustments on the UI.

Any question, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Hello Guys,

1. Fixed the problem that may cause increased memory usage under certain specific conditions.
2. Fixed the problem that after minimizing the window, it may not be restored from the taskbar.
5. Fixed the problem that memory detection may cause a bit high CPU usage under certain specific conditions.

Best Wishes,
WiseVector
Sounds like it might fixed all the small minor issues I had thanks
Will test soon.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Hello Guys,

Best Wishes,
WiseVector
Can you provide the download link?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.