Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector Would you want WiseVector StopX 2.70 users (at this time) to think of WV as a companion security solution? Or, would you prefer WiseVector StopX 2.70 users to think of WV (at this time) as a sole security solution? And with future WiseVector StopX releases (at some time). Would you like WiseVector StopX users to think of WV as their sole security solution?
Thanks
WVSX is designed to be a sole security solution. I think users have their own ideas on how to use a security software. All we can do is getting WVSX improved and ensuring it works effectively always!

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector

Please compare your GUI vs Kaspersky. Notice the clarity of the text in Kaspersky? I do hope you can do something likewise to your light text display. FYI, the light blue text is hardly readable. You click on the image and the stark difference in clarity is there

Thanks
View attachment 251788
Thanks for your feedback with pics. We will get this improved.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi! In version 2.70 beta began to stick the mouse cursor on the monitor (the computer has a short hang), when returning to 2.67, the problem disappeared.
Hi,
Can you please tell me what were you doing when the short hang happened? How do you know it was caused by WVSX? Is there any other AV installed?

Anvitius

Dec 24, 2020
Hi,
Can you please tell me what were you doing when the short hang happened? How do you know it was caused by WVSX? Is there any other AV installed?
No, the Wise Vector is one installed (no other AV). Hanging began when switching to version 2.70, when returning to 2.67, the problem stopped. The cursor hangs for 1-1.5 seconds, that is, the smoothness of the scroll is disturbed. This happens after clicking on the desktop anywhere, the cursor hangs for 1-1.5 seconds, and then continues to move.

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
WVSX is designed to be a sole security solution. I think users have their own ideas on how to use a security software. All we can do is getting WVSX improved and ensuring it works effectively always!
I hear you. "WVSX is designed to be a sole security solution".
Seemed curious to me that WVSX users are layering WVSX.
Thanks

Last edited:

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
I hear you. "WVSX is designed to be a sole security solution".
Seemed curious to me that WVSX users are layering WVSX.
Thanks
Why? There's next to no official assessment of how WVSX performs relative to other security products. When its performance can be measured against others in a thorough test then other 'safety nets' may be discarded. At the moment though whilst it looks decent there's little information out there on performance, privacy and indeed that the product is even safe to use for anyone but early adopters and those competent to really assess how well it works. I've tried it and it caused sporadic problems ~ blocking trusted program launches without so much as an alert ~ but wouldn't have done so without at least WD running too. The program is still in development so issues are to be expected so I'm not knocking it but understand why users would want to layer protection.

Nagisa

Level 7
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
*Update I removed McAfee stinger from running and installed powershell 7.1 again with no alert this time! * I will keep watch and see if it pops up again.
I also recommend to run McAfee Removal Tool. I had observed some file permission errors while deleting files even after I completely uninstalled Stinger and RealProtect, so I can assume they leave some changes on the system.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
No, the Wise Vector is one installed (no other AV). Hanging began when switching to version 2.70, when returning to 2.67, the problem stopped. The cursor hangs for 1-1.5 seconds, that is, the smoothness of the scroll is disturbed. This happens after clicking on the desktop anywhere, the cursor hangs for 1-1.5 seco
Can you please try to click other items not on the desktop to see whether this will happen again or not?

Anvitius

Dec 24, 2020
Can you please try to click other items not on the desktop to see whether this will happen again or not?
For the sake of the purity of the experiment, I installed version 2.70 on clean Windows. The problem doesn't seem to happen again... now I'm doing a full scan and I can't say for sure... the scan will end, I will observe and then write...Thanks

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Sorry for the inconvenience. The uninstaller had an error in the language and we have fixed it. The new version without this issue will be released in a few days.
If you want to uninstall WVSX now, please click the gray button.
png_8418.png

Last edited:

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hi,
Yes, we are going to add the network protection in our next release and this feature would be paid.
There are some free firewalls on the market. I would like to know what features are useful or useless for you and are there some features you really need but they don't have.
We have a general plan to develop our network protection, meanwhile we would like to ensure every feature suits for the needs of our users. So could you please advise?
Thanks!
Actually all I would want is something very basic: an alert when a program is calling home - as Glasswire (mentioned earlier) does.
Maybe that alone could be in the free version - and all other more complex requests in the paid version?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.