From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hello everyone,

V2.71 is released!
V2.70 can update to V2.71 directly when "Automatically download and install program updates" is enabled or you can perform an overwrite installation.
V2.67 users please wait for a few days to update to V2.71 automatically, or perform an overwrite installation now.
Thanks for your testing and support! Special thanks to @Andrew3000 @marcopaone @harlan4096 @McMcbrad @pxxb1 @bjm_ for finding some problems.
The download link:

Update log:

1. Fixed the issue that ransomware rollback may fail to rollback some encrypted files.
2. Redesigned the rollback window, now users can adjust the window size so that they can view the rollback items clearly.
3. Show cleanup progress when users are cleaning a large number of malware.
4. Fixed the issue that the file name may be garbled after restoring from quarantine.
5. Fixed the issue that WiseVector StopX may cause other programs to get stuck.
6. Registry monitoring is more powerful, which can detect more malicious programs that modify the registry.
7. Added backup of php, jsp, asp files for ransomware rollback.
8. Reduced the resource usage.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

V2.71 is released!
V2.70 can update to V2.71 directly when "Automatically download and install program updates" is enabled or you can perform an overwrite installation.
V2.67 users please wait for a few days to update to V2.71 automatically, or perform an overwrite installation now.
Thanks for your testing and support! Special thanks to @Andrew3000 @marcopaone @harlan4096 @McMcbrad @pxxb1 @bjm_ for finding some problems.
The download link:

Update log:

1. Fixed the issue that ransomware rollback may fail to rollback some encrypted files.
2. Redesigned the rollback window, now users can adjust the window size so that they can view the rollback items clearly.
3. Show cleanup progress when users are cleaning a large number of malware.
4. Fixed the issue that the file name may be garbled after restore from quarantine.
5. Fixed the issue that WiseVector StopX may cause other programs to get stuck.
6. Registry monitoring is more powerful, which can detect more malicious programs that modify the registry.
7. Added backup of php, jsp, asp files for ransomware rollback.
8. Reduced the resource usage.
Mine already auto updated

1609817370415.png

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Hi folks, if I can make a point here about the request to make WVSX detect the Eicar file.

It would be pointless.

Because what's the purpose of the Eicar file other than to test if your AV is working? But in this case you would have a signature-based detection, which doesn't help tell you if your AI-driven AV is working -- even if they did detect it, it wouldn't have been the AI.

Just like in any other AV, the Eicar file allows us to test only if the signature-based detection is working, but it tells us nothing about components such as BB, HIPS, AI, etc.

Unless I'm missing some point here.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Installed 2.70 -> Rebooted -> Run full scan -> ExAllocatePool leaking a bit for me (Win 10 x64 latest). PoolMonX was showing over 1GB pool with tag None
2.71 same

2.67 seems stable
KdY8ysp.png
Thanks for your feedback!
We have tested, it couldn't caused by performing full scan only.
Was there any other AV running or other operation while you performed full scan with WVSX?

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@blueblackwow65: you have to understand that it was during a special "Bonus Behaviour Test", this means I disabled real-time protection and run manually all the already detected on demand malware... also the malware that spawned those inactive leftovers in \Local\Temp folder was already detected on demand scanning, so in standard conditions those inactive leftovers will not be spawned there... anyway deleting temporal files from temporal system folders is not the main purpose of an antivirus, and You have features in Windows 10, for example, to do so :)

marcopaone

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016
@WiseVector Hi!

I was testing some viruses yesterday and I noticed something strange.
Video.
WiseVector is closed and in notify mode. I started the virus then opened WiseVector and it found the virus and blocked it. I clicked on many notifications and once I was done, part of the virus process remained open. (Apparently that process doesn't look malicious). There is also a.bat file left in the folder created by the virus.
I have written this so that you can understand the problem (assuming it is one), solve it or improve something.
I sent the sample to you privately.
Thanks @Der.Reisende for the sample on the hub.

VIdeo: 2021-01-05 19-49-58_Trim

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector Hi!

I was testing some viruses yesterday and I noticed something strange.
Video.
WiseVector is closed and in notify mode. I started the virus then opened WiseVector and it found the virus and blocked it. I clicked on many notifications and once I was done, part of the virus process remained open. (Apparently that process doesn't look malicious). There is also a.bat file left in the folder created by the virus.
I have written this so that you can understand the problem (assuming it is one), solve it or improve something.
I sent the sample to you privately.
Thanks @Der.Reisende for the sample on the hub.

VIdeo: 2021-01-05 19-49-58_Trim
Thanks for your testing and video. We will test the sample soon.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.