Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Just had some time to check out WVSX ver 2.72, specifically as it pertains to the auto restore of encrypted files functionality.

Although not the easiest of tasks as WV will stop almost all encryptors before they even can reach the honeypot files, I did modify a Pony that was able to actually encrypt files that I was monitoring. Once this (the encryption) occurred two popups appeared- the first was the usual malware detected alert- the other popup was a Threat Remediation alert listing all the stuff that was encrypted (with the notation Recovery Needed) along with a choice to Apply (Rollback).

The restoration took a few seconds, but all went rather swimmingly with all the files that were acted upon by Pony were once again happy and healthy and back where they belonged along with the encrypted versions being trashed.

Nice work, WV.

m
Hiļ¼Œ
Appriciate for your testing!
This thread is more lively with you in.;)
We will keep working hard to get WiseVector StopX improved!:)
Cheers!

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
What profit does the company make? Since it offers a free product, selling personal data to third party companies like Avast does? I would like to understand a little, since most Chinese programs do this, they offer a free data exchange product to sell to third parties, I'm not saying how they do it, I just wanted to know how you work

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
What profit does the company make? Since it offers a free product, selling personal data to third party companies like Avast does? I would like to understand a little, since most Chinese programs do this, they offer a free data exchange product to sell to third parties, I'm not saying how they do it, I just wanted to know how you work
They are going to release a paid version with extra features, while still having a free version.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Please don't worry. Our paid version will be released soon.
Here is our Privacy Policy. We are not interested in users' personal data. We focus on how to protect against malware.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I've found an issue with the download manager FlashGet v1.9.6.1073. When Basic Protection is enabled, I get "an unnamed file was not found" popups from FlashGet when it is downloading files.
Did this popup affect the downloading? For example, the download failed or some files were missing?
We will test FlashGet with WVSX soon and keep you posted.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Did this popup affect the downloading? For example, the download failed or some files were missing?
We will test FlashGet with WVSX soon and keep you posted.
The downloads seemed to continue. Because I was checking many files for updates, I was getting endless popups. FlashGet has the option to check previously downloaded files for updates, and I was checking for updates to a large amount of files.

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
These tests are FAR TO BE A REAL SITUATION... I would bet that many any others known avs would even score worse in the same test... but WVSX is weak for example witth PUP probably...
Only if it is second-tier antivirus, I guarantee that Norton, G Data, Kaspersky, Trend Micro and etc. would block almost 100% of that package there, well, I would not risk using this program alone

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Only if it is second-tier antivirus, I guarantee that Norton, G Data, Kaspersky, Trend Micro and etc. would block almost 100% of that package there, well, I would not risk using this program alone
Without having access to the samples tested, there's no way to know that. WiseVector consistently does very well when tested here at the MalwareHub.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.