Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
@WiseVector

Feature requests:

1. Check-box in System Tray menu 'Anti-Ransomware' enable/disable.

2. Check-box next to 'Protection' in the System Tray menu, that can be used to disable all protection with one click.

sshot-001.png

3. Option similar to what Kaspersky has, to auto-enable protection after 'x' time, or reboot.

sshot-002.png

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector

Feature requests:

1. Check-box in System Tray menu 'Anti-Ransomware' enable/disable.

2. Check-box next to 'Protection' in the System Tray menu, that can be used to disable all protection with one click.

View attachment 253659

3. Option similar to what Kaspersky has, to auto-enable protection after 'x' time, or reboot.

View attachment 253660
Can you please tell me why you need the options? For testing or something else? If disable all protection with one click, why not click "Exit" directly?:unsure:

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
The way it is right now, to disable protection is three clicks (plus go into settings to additionally disable document protection)
I personally enable/disable protection when I am installing something that triggers alerts, that I know is safe. To exit, and later re-open is more work than to enable/disable.
My thought processes was just that you already have options to disable protection, so why not have an additional check-box next to 'Protection', especially since it is already there.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Can you please tell me why you need the options? For testing or something else? If disable all protection with one click, why not click "Exit" directly?:unsure:
This is good to know. Some AVs don't actually quit when you click "Exit" but simply close the GUI. I too think it's handy to have a simple way to completely disable the protection, but if exiting the app will do that then I'm very happy to use it as a solution.

Anyway, now's a good moment to thank you for your app and your openness. It's nice to see like-minded people collaborating to make the cyber world safer across cultures. :)

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
This is good to know. Some AVs don't actually quit when you click "Exit" but simply close the GUI. I too think it's handy to have a simple way to completely disable the protection, but if exiting the app will do that then I'm very happy to use it as a solution.

Anyway, now's a good moment to thank you for your app and your openness. It's nice to see like-minded people collaborating to make the cyber world safer across cultures. :)
Yes, when users click "Exit", WVSX stops working immediately.
We feel very glad to share our thoughts and hear from users here. Thanks for your compliments. :giggle:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi. I have a problem, well, don`t we all. He

I just installed WVSX with default settings and the icon in the tray does not show up when starting the Pc, so therefore i am not sure if it is active or not.

WVSX, advice please.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi. I have a problem, well, don`t we all. He

I just installed WVSX with default settings and the icon in the tray does not show up when starting the Pc, so therefore i am not sure if it is active or not.

WVSX, advice please.
Please check the Task Scheduler, if WVSX is not on the list, it can't start automatically. And if you are using the standard user account, WVSX needs to be started manually.:)

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Please check the Task Scheduler, if WVSX is not on the list, it can't start automatically. And if you are using the standard user account, WVSX needs to be started manually.:)

I looked, it is in there, also in the Task manager. But no icon in the tray when starting or restarting. So no immediate visual sign of that it is working. The icon do not appear until i click on WVSX on the start meny.

Admin - always.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I looked, it is in there, also in the Task manager. But no icon in the tray when starting or restarting. So no immediate visual sign of that it is working. The icon do not appear until i click on WVSX on the start meny.

Admin - always.
Please try this way: go to Settings->Basic->Uncheck Automatically launch at system startup->click OK->check Automatically launch at system startup->click OK.
Please make sure there is no other software that prevents WVSX from starting automatically.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.