From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi ,
I am impressed with your product. How ever i have few queries :
. I see a lot of Heur.PE detections sort of static signature based detections.
Normally heuristics come into action after execution ? or is that a default signature based detection (Known Signatures)
Thanks in Advance

Hi Mahesh,

Heur.PE detections depend on local AI engine. It's not a signature based detection. And it will scan files before execution.

Regards
Eason
WiseVector

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
There is a small GUI glitch, when You move the vertical control to the bottom , the last detection info is not showed completely:
WISEVECTOR.png
Also and as a suggestion, would be interesting to be able to resize the detection window :giggle:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
There is a small GUI glitch, when You move the vertical control to the bottom , the last detection info is not showed completely:
Also and as a suggestion, would be interesting to be able to resize the detection window :giggle:

Hi harlan4096,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We need a new design to fix this, so please hold on.
The problem below has been fix. Please download the new version at http://www.wisevector.com/WiseVector_Setup_EN.exe
1545049488500.png

Best regards,
Wendy
WiseVector

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I confirm the bug "1 day" is already fixed in the last version.

I found that finally it is already detecting even malicious scripts :giggle: that's a great step, 1st version could not detect neither malicious scripts nor .docs, and now it is able to detect both.

I also would like to suggest that all GUI windows of Log, Exclusions, Quarantine, and Scan Finished results be resizable.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I confirm the bug "1 day" is already fixed in the last version.

I found that finally it is already detecting even malicious scripts :giggle: that's a great step, 1st version could not detect neither malicious scripts nor .docs, and now it is able to detect both.

I also would like to suggest that all GUI windows of Log, Exclusions, Quarantine, and Scan Finished results be resizable.

Hi harlan4096,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually scripts are not our first priority because they are just downloader which will download PE files in most cases. WiseVector can then block these PE file. ( Recently we see a lot of JS files which will call PowerShell to perform malicious actions directly. They will be eliminated by our AI-based behavior detection in the next version of WiseVector).

Regards
Eason
WiseVector

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
e. ( Recently we see a lot of JS files which will call PowerShell to perform malicious actions directly. They will be eliminated by our AI-based behavior detection in the next version of WiseVector).
Hello,
1-Can wise vector detect malicious scripts that call Windows APIs?
2-Do you have any plan to add more features like firewall and Application control?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hello,
1-Can wise vector detect malicious scripts that call Windows APIs?
2-Do you have any plan to add more features like firewall and Application control?

Hi Sunshine-boy,

Thanks for your interest in WiseVector.

1. Yes, WiseVector can intercept the program launched by scripts. If it is malware, WiseVector will block it.
2. Yes, We will first add AI-Based behavior detection (You can treat it as Application Control 2.0). After that, we will add Network Firewall to WiseVector.

Regards
Eason
WiseVector

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
This info

Links to the Ministry of Public Security = a national law enforcement ministry, but operationally it is also an intelligence agency.

I am not paranoid in regards to Chinese software, I would not install a similar program out of the US neither. My wife works for a grade A security Dutch national company. I don't want to embarrass her again. My grand father was a communist and he stood on the barricades with Pieter Jelles Troelstra, I had not told her (when she filled in her background check form), but before she got the job she was confonted with that. Don't want to use software from foreign agencies, she might get asked questions again on the internet habits of her dubious husband. :)

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
This info

I am not paranoid in regards to Chinese software, I would not install a similar program out of the US neither. My wife works for a grade A security Dutch national company. I don't want to embarrass her again. My grand father was a communist and he stood on the barricades with Pieter Jelles Troelstra, I had not told her (when she filled in background check form), but when when she got the job she was confonted with that. Don't want to use software from foreign agencies, she might get asked questions again on the internet habits of her dubious husband. :)

Hi Windows_Security,

1. We don't link to the Ministry of Public Security. I don't know why lockdown said so.
2. We respect your way to use software and understand your wife's job is special that effects your choice.
3. People cannot decide which country they are born, but they can decide to do what they think is good and right.
4. WiseVector has no connection with the government. We operate it with our own money and we are doing our best to make a great security software.

Thanks for your interest in WiseVector.

Regards,
Wendy
WiseVector

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.