Last special sample malware posted by @silversurfer yesterday:

WV.png

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As I said, until September I can't perform dynamic tests, so I'm just posting on demand scan results of WV, there is anything to process, the results on demand are clear :unsure: :unsure: :giggle:

Of a malware pack with 12 samples, WV detected 10 samples in on demand scan, I already performed some dynamic test during early July:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
The product name is WiseVector StopX :)

In their page I think only the privacy section is in English: https://www.wisevector.com/privacy/ :unsure: :unsure:

WV SX currently does not set as a Security Provider in W10, this question was discussed/answered some days ago in this thread ;)

Anyway wait for a more proper answer from the developer here ;)

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
What is wisevector and what is stopx...Are they different?

Do you use it with WD or disable Defender in Windows 10?

And do they have an English home page link, with software descriptions?

THANKS
Hi,

Yes, as @harlan4096 said, WiseVector StopX is the name of our product and our company can be called WiseVector in short.
You can use WiseVector StopX with WD or not. It's up to you. We would like to be the Security Provider in Win10 and this is in process currently.
Our English home page will come soon. When it's already, I will announce here.

Best Regards,
WiseVector

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hi,

Yes, as @harlan4096 said, WiseVector StopX is the name of our product and our company can be called WiseVector in short.
You can use WiseVector StopX with WD or not. It's up to you.
WiseVector

does the cylance_bypass correlate / or concern WiseVector StopX development, or your ML/Ai is uniquely different??

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Just an observation. I downloaded a .jpg image from the net and the antivirus closed the process of Opera... I think heuristics is too aggressive. Best regards.
Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dose it happen whenever you download jpg images or just this time?
WiseVector StopX has exploit guard which can prevent browsers from executing unauthorized code. Maybe when you downloaded the image, the guard was triggered.
Can you please tell me what's the version of your Opera and what's the version your operating system?
We will try to reproduce the problem.

Best Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Don't know if its only me but right when I installed WiseVector, Overwatch won't open
Hi,

We have just installed Overwatch in Win10 X64 1903, it can work well with WiseVector StopX.
If you still have WiseVector StopX installed, please try the following steps:
1. Quit WiseVector StopX before starting Overwatch, to see Overwatch can open or not. (If not, there must be another reason for the problem :unsure: )
2. If Overwatch can open, please start WiseVector StopX and go to "Advanced Settings" then exclude Overwatch.exe in the "Advanced Detection" to see the problem can be resolved or not.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
WiseVector

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.