Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Sorry guys, a bit later this time, yesterday a bit offline...

Last special sample and malware pack posted yesterday by @Der.Reisende & @silversurfer:

WV0.png

WV1.pngWV2.png

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hello WiseVector, can I make a small feature suggestion?

Can you add an indicator/badge in the tray icon to indicate when the realtime protection is turned off? Like a red X or yellow !
sometimes, I turn off realtime protection and forget to turn it back on because there is no sign in the icon of WV

thank you

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
For some reason I can't get WV to install no matter what I do and what I disable. I've had this issue on two different installs of Windows 10. I click the .exe UAC pops up, I click ok then nothing happens. It's got to be something on my end because I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, but I can't work out what it is because I've tried installing WV on an already setup install of Windows 10 Pro X64 and a brand new fresh install.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
For some reason I can't get WV to install no matter what I do and what I disable. I've had this issue on two different installs of Windows 10. I click the .exe UAC pops up, I click ok then nothing happens. It's got to be something on my end because I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, but I can't work out what it is because I've tried installing WV on an already setup install of Windows 10 Pro X64 and a brand new fresh install.
did you try the correct installer?

you can try to install it with and without admin's right
also try to bypass smartscreen filter. SS may silently block something

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
did you try the correct installer?

you can try to install it with and without admin's right
also try to bypass smartscreen filter. SS may silently block something
Thanks @Evjl's Rain I'll try again now. I'm feeling frustrated because I can't get WV to install and you're having problems with Kaspersky. It drives me nuts when there's no apparent reason for a silly problem like this and I have to spend time I wouldn't usually have to spend to figure it out. I'm not blaming WV it's definitely something on my end. I'd like to Run WV with CIS. The only reason I chose CIS instead of CF is so the AV registers with security centre.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I've tried absolutely everything and WV will not install for me. I get the UAC prompt, click allow then nothing happens. Like I say this has happened on a fresh install and a fully running install on two different machines with different hardware. Does anyone know of anyone with a solution to this problem? When I say I've tried everything I mean everything, anyway a programme can be installed I've tried it.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018

Hi,

The issue is really strange and you are the first user with this problem.
Do you have a VM to test whether you can install WiseVector StopX or not?

Regards,
WiseVector

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Hi,

The issue is really strange and you are the first user with this problem.
Do you have a VM to test whether you can install WiseVector StopX or not?

Regards,
WiseVector
I do yes. I'll test it in the VM. Like I say this has happened on 2 seperate machine with totally different hardware too. It is a strange one. Thanks and I'll let you know how the VM install goes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.