Dec 14, 2018

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I'm not any sure, but after I uninstalled Wisevector StopX 2.09(streamline version), the explorer.exe doesn't run by itself at startups. I have to manually run it by task manager(ctrl + alt + del > Task manager > file > run new program).
Hi,
If you uninstalled WiseVector StopX in the right way( Start menu->WiseVector StopX->uninstall), it would not exist in your computer any longer, so of course it would do nothing with explorer.exe.
Please check the registry vaule the above article mentioned.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
hello, try those rules, once imported reboot the system and run dr.web CureIt.
Hello,
We followed your steps and still can't reproduce the problem.
Please refer to the screenshot below.
20200125224831.jpg

However, this case shows that we should get our troubleshooting improved. Thank you.:)

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Finally we can reproduce the problem @Noche encountered. We installed SpyShelter 10.0 with WiseVector StopX and found the same issue.
SpyShelter 10.0 will reflective inject "SpyshelterProHlp.dll" into every processes and the memory page (the dll resides in) will be detected by WiseVector StopX as "MEMRAY:MalCode.D".

The dll is a hidden module so you can't find it in Process Hacker or Process Explorer. Since our memory scanning is not relying on signatures, We can't simply white list it for now. If you installed the old version of SpyShelter with WiseVector StopX, you can consider updating SpyShelter to the latest V12. Thanks.

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
SpyShelter 10.0
I use version 12, but it doesn't matter since it's something very punctual and not a massive problem.
As a suggestion, here are some screenshots of the avira ui in the scan process, where you can clearly see the ones you are scanning. You could do something similar in WiseVector, it's up to you, it's just a suggestion.
Thank you very much.
Best regards.

av1.jpgav2.jpgav3.jpgav4.jpg

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
uninstalled an app that was interfering with installation of wisevector. now running wisevector 2.09 on win10 in vm along with windows defender. When you release 2.5 will 2.09 autoupdate to 2.5? Any reason or need to turn off windows defender as they seem to run together aok?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
uninstalled an app that was interfering with installation of wisevector. now running wisevector 2.09 on Windows 10 in vm along with windows defender. When you release 2.5 will 2.09 autoupdate to 2.5? Any reason or need to turn off windows defender as they seem to run together aok?
what app was interfering if you don't mind me asking?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
hello, the new beta version has been running smoothly
However, there is only 1 problem that there is no right-click context scan on my windows 8.1
I tried to re-install but it didn't seem to appear again

Hi Evjl's Rain,

Sorry for the inconvenience. It is strange you lost the right-click context scan. Have you used some system optimizer to do some registry cleanup tasks?
Since all these right-click menus are made in the Windows registry

Please run "Command Prompt" as administrator. Enter "regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector\WiseVectorExt_X64.dll" if you are running 64-bit OS.
Enter "regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector\WiseVectorExt.dll" if you are running 32-bit OS. Then restart Windows Explorer to see if the menu goes back or not.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
uninstalled an app that was interfering with installation of wisevector. now running wisevector 2.09 on Windows 10 in vm along with windows defender. When you release 2.5 will 2.09 autoupdate to 2.5? Any reason or need to turn off windows defender as they seem to run together aok?

Hi simmerskool,

Sorry currently we are developing WiseVector StopX V2.6. We will update 2.09 to 2.6 directly. V2.6 will bring significant new features and a lot of enhancements. So it will take a bit of time. We hope we can release 2.6 in this month.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi Evjl's Rain,

Sorry for the inconvenience. It is strange you lost the right-click context scan. Have you used some system optimizer to do some registry cleanup tasks?
Since all these right-click menus are made in the Windows registry

Please run "Command Prompt" as administrator. Enter "regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector\WiseVectorExt_X64.dll" if you are running 64-bit OS.
Enter "regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector\WiseVectorExt.dll" if you are running 32-bit OS. Then restart Windows Explorer to see if the menu goes back or not.
hello, I did use some registry cleanup tools, not frequently. However, when I tried to reinstall, context scan didn't appear
when I used your command, immediately, the option appeared :D

thank you

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.