Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

cosmos

Level 1
Feb 7, 2020
I've read the first 2-3 pages of this link and the last 2-3. Which version would you suggest to download?

Is it stable enough for use, or does one have to keep an eye in this thread for massive changes/updates that have to be performed manually?

Is it in English?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I've read the first 2-3 pages of this link and the last 2-3. Which version would you suggest to download?

Is it stable enough for use, or does one have to keep an eye in this thread for massive changes/updates that have to be performed manually?

Is it in English?
Hi,
Yes, we have English version. Please download the new version 2.5 via https://www.wisevector.com/WiseVector_StopX_V25.exe
and it can update to 2.52 after installing.
We will post more detailed information about 2.5 here and if you have any other question please feel free to send email to us (support@wisevector.com)

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I use version 12, but it doesn't matter since it's something very punctual and not a massive problem.
As a suggestion, here are some screenshots of the avira ui in the scan process, where you can clearly see the ones you are scanning. You could do something similar in WiseVector, it's up to you, it's just a suggestion.
Thank you very much.
Best regards.

View attachment 233225View attachment 233226View attachment 233227View attachment 233228
Thanks for your suggestion.
We've tested and found that once Anti Keylogger is turned on in Spyware Shelter, Spyware Shelter will inject a hidden DLL into all processes and it doesn’t matter of what the version of Spyware Shelter is. We have now partially solved the problem. (@ichito Please find my answer here;))

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I also don't have the option to scan with the right click.
Hi,
Did you reinstall or overwrite install WiseVector StopX?
Can you please right click Start Menu->click "Run"->input"services.msc"->check whether "WiseVector Service" is on the list or not?
Please run "Command Prompt" as administrator. Enter "regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector\WiseVectorExt_X64.dll" if you are running 64-bit OS.
Enter "regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector\WiseVectorExt.dll" if you are running 32-bit OS. Then restart Windows Explorer to see if the menu goes back or not.

Last edited:

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Thanks for your suggestion.
We've tested and found that once Anti Keylogger is turned on in Spyware Shelter, Spyware Shelter will inject a hidden DLL into all processes and it doesn’t matter of what the version of Spyware Shelter is. We have now partially solved the problem. (@ichito Please find my answer here;))

Regards,
WiseVector
SS has not only anti-keylogger feature so I meant that this one and all others modify system files/settings and registry enteries what can be detected by behavioral analisys of WV in not proper way.

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi,
Did you reinstall or overwrite install WiseVector StopX?
Can you please right click Start Menu->click "Run"->input"services.msc"->check whether "WiseVector Service" is on the list or not?
Please run "Command Prompt" as administrator. Enter "regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector\WiseVectorExt_X64.dll" if you are running 64-bit OS.
Enter "regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiseVector\WiseVectorExt.dll" if you are running 32-bit OS. Then restart Windows Explorer to see if the menu goes back or not.
Hi, I was able to fix it by resetting the permissions with the Tweaking - Windows Repair tool. First I uninstalled WV and restarted it, then I ran Windows Repair and finally I installed WiseVector again, now everything is ok.

cosmos

Level 1
Feb 7, 2020

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi,

Can you please tell me why you think the 13 seconds added is caused by WiseVector StopX?

Our new version will be released recently.

When there is a false positive, can you please upload it via WiseVector StopX or send it for analysis? It can help us to improve. Thank you.

Best Wishes,
WiseVector

This time i inactivated memory protection then all was ok.with start time.

Can i be run besides W.D?

Xjoker

Level 1
Feb 19, 2020
@WiseVector

I 've been using WV for the past few days and I am really impressed by the detection rate and how lightweight it is. Unbelievable performance so far! Just registered here to say well done to the WV team, keep up the good work guys!!! Just a quick question, is there any info about the upcoming version 2.6?

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
enable advance malware detection failed!
running 2.09 for several days, nothing unusual noted, win10 running in vmware workstation 15. did not notice any change to systray icon, but I opened main screen tonight and the above was prominently displayed. The protection log is empty. I went to settings and clicked it off & on and no popup warning. running WV with WD (+configuredefender)

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
enable advance malware detection failed!
running 2.09 for several days, nothing unusual noted, Windows 10 running in vmware workstation 15. did not notice any change to systray icon, but I opened main screen tonight and the above was prominently displayed. The protection log is empty. I went to settings and clicked it off & on and no popup warning. running WV with WD (+configuredefender)
Hi,
Can you please exit WiseVector StopX first, then restart it to see whether the problem will happen again or not?
It just happened one time?

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector

I 've been using WV for the past few days and I am really impressed by the detection rate and how lightweight it is. Unbelievable performance so far! Just registered here to say well done to the WV team, keep up the good work guys!!! Just a quick question, is there any info about the upcoming version 2.6?

Thanks for your interests in WiseVector StopX.

WiseVector StopX V2.6 will introduce a new feature called code-level tracer. This name sounds a bit odd because we don't have a better idea to name this feature:(
The new feature is meant to detect DLL side-loading (Signed exe+Malicious dll). Dll side-loading is an ancient attack technique but it is still a nightmare for most AV today. The new function will provide code-level visibility into malicious events so it can even make WV to detect Dll injection at post-injection stage.

Now with real-time memory inspection(V2.5), Hijack thread scanner(V2.5), New machine learning model to detect banking trojans (We bring a new model in WV 2.5 to detect special banking trojans (Metamorfo trojan for example). These trojans often abuse Windows Installer MSI to download archives that contain multicomponent DLL side-loading banking trojan. We are very glad to see WV become more and more efficient in detection of advanced stealth threats.

We also need to fix two major problems exist in V2.5,

.False positives on installers created with WinRAR, Inno Setup and NSIS.
.Conflicts with other security program when real-time memory inspection enabled.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hi,
Can you please exit WiseVector StopX first, then restart it to see whether the problem will happen again or not?
It just happened one time?

Well after I reset enable advanced... the dashboard is reporting, You're Protected and it's been several hours, so since the logs are empty, I'll leave it as is. If it happens again, I'll let you know.
PS. v2.6 sounding very interesting. looking forward the release. Wonder if memory feature will conflict with Voodooshield / WhiteListCloud??

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Well after I reset enable advanced... the dashboard is reporting, You're Protected and it's been several hours, so since the logs are empty, I'll leave it as is. If it happens again, I'll let you know.
PS. v2.6 sounding very interesting. looking forward the release. Wonder if memory feature will conflict with Voodooshield / WhiteListCloud??

Are you really using all of this?

Protection

comodo firewall 10 at cruelsister config
commercial cylance, voodooshield pro 4.70, appguard 4461, forticlient 603.0155 just webfilter

If so, 😮 this is the reason you have issues.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Are you really using all of this?

Protection

comodo firewall 10 at cruelsister config
commercial cylance, voodooshield pro 4.70, appguard 4461, forticlient 603.0155 just webfilter

If so, 😮 this is the reason you have issues.

No. On win7 (host) I run Eset nod32, comodo firewall (cruelcomodo) & voodooshield 5.60, on win10_vm I run WD+configuredefender, and VS 5.63 beta. Just added WiseVector on win10_vm as no apparent conflict. Both machines physical and vitual run lickitysplit. I've been chastised by some for running VS + CF on win7, others say it's aok. I have not noticed any problems on win7, since I stopped using hmp.a years ago. Maybe I'll go change (or delete) my security config.

PS. I just tried to find my profile config... whatever it's called, and could not. I vaguely recall some of that was moved around, but was too busy with my day job to worry about. I'm home sick today, so at the pc more than usual.

Last edited:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Instead of reading thru the entire thread i put this question forward. Is it not so that this soft is going to be split up into a free and paid version when the development is finished?

Reactions: [correlate]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.