Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I tried the beta with CF and I dont know if it was conflict with some other software installed but it ran the machine into the ground. the only way to fix the issues (freezing) was to revert WV back to the previous version.

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
It seems v3.0 is becoming bloated with more features which seem to be geared towards advanced users.

What about v2.73, will it be maintained or replaced by v3.0?

If so, what would be the recommended settings for a novice user to replicate the simplicity of v2.73 in v3.0?

I would like to try the Beta but for clarification are all settings currently available to simulate the PAID version?

What will be the default settings in v3.0 Free?

Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
v2.73 is what the free version is, v3.0 Beta is what the paid version will be, If your a beta tester then sure try it but if you are not stick with v2.73, v3.0 isn't hard to understand plus it work just like v2.73 no config needed if you like it simple like v2.73. If you like to configure your Av and don't like default settings it is there for the knowledgeable.

Last edited:

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Tried v3 alongside WD (& separately WiseVector + Avast Free with only Web/File core shield activated). Overall impact on system seemed pretty light but I had issues with webpages not opening (site/DNS not found)... Is Adguard for Windows compatible with WiseVector? (Didn't have time to check whether web errors persisted if AdGuard disabled when WiseVector running).

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Did anyone install Beta 3.0 in a VM and can confirm that after a few minutes the VM seems to be freezing? I tried it with two VMs (VMware Workstation) and I have the same effect in both machines (one is older, the other one is a fresh and clean Windows 10 installation with the latest ISO from MS).
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
What do you mean by freezing? All Apps can't be started? Can you please tell me more details?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I tried the beta with CF and I dont know if it was conflict with some other software installed but it ran the machine into the ground. the only way to fix the issues (freezing) was to revert WV back to the previous version.
Hi,
Thanks for you feedback!
We would like to fix the freezing issue in our next release!

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
What do you mean by freezing? All Apps can't be started? Can you please tell me more details?
You are welcome. Please find below what I´ve observed.

1. The virtual machine initially starts normally with the default settings of WVSX after installation. I have not made any changes.

2. After a few minutes I can still move the mouse, but otherwise nothing works. I can't start any applications and I can't change anything in the configuration of WVSX.

3. After a rollback of the VM (without WVSX) everything works fine again.

4. I have tested it with two VMs and in both VMs the same behavior can be observed.

Test environment: Windows 10 Pro evaluation, VMware Workstation 16.x

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Tried v3 alongside WD (& separately WiseVector + Avast Free with only Web/File core shield activated). Overall impact on system seemed pretty light but I had issues with webpages not opening (site/DNS not found)... Is Adguard for Windows compatible with WiseVector? (Didn't have time to check whether web errors persisted if AdGuard disabled when WiseVector running).
Hi,
All webpages can't open?

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi Wisevector I am using a 6mth free version called tikvpn, only have 1 week left free ,but just wanted to put the info out there.There is alot of network traffic and i have firewall set to maximum ,I like the control of unknown programs.Would having the web protection on also cause high cpu usage? Might not just be the firewall part .The cpu usage is about 35-50 % ,I did disable firewall for now since i found it high,compared to simplewall.
Very good application you have ,running everything else ,with hips on high also since it is compared to a default deny app sort of like VS which I don't have installed for now because of the hips in your av.Thks

Last edited:

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
I tried it now with VirtualBox as well. The outcome is nearly the same. After 2 or 3 minutes it´s not possible to open web sites in the browser nor to start applications. I was able to set both firewall and HIPS levels to low but that doesn´t obviously matter. The cursor rotates permanently but that's it.

Another thing I noticed with VirtualBox is that RDP sessions are interrupted after 1 minute or so when WVSX is running. This didn´t happen with VMware Workstation.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Installed 3.0 and all my network PCs are no longer visible under File Explorer's "Networks" ... If I uncheck all protections, this continues. Only when I "exit" and refresh the view do the network devices appear. Nothing under logs.

ZdfpRiz.png

Why?

EDIT... Maybe unrelated, but I have an rclone task that syncs with one of the "missing" networked PCs. Since installing WV with default settings, the rsync task initiates, but never transfers/completes. Without logs to pinpoint the issue, I've uninstalled WV3. Rclone task now transfers/completes. Maybe another time.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.