Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

cliffspab

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 4, 2019
Since I updated to 3.00, my laptop has been hanging on reboot unless I reboot it straight after startup.

I've been hunting around the event viewer and Google for days for the culprit, and even did a refresh install (Windows 11).

It turns out it's almost certainly WV. If I exit WV, my laptop restarts fine. I see this in the event log when the restarts fail

The description for Event ID 105 from source WiseVector Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

Is there a setting I can change to fix it? (I've already tried turning off the tamper protection)

Reactions: Nevi

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I have EXACT same problem on my main PC with version 2.73, but its rare. PC "freezes" - I can click everything, mouse is moving but nothing new is opening. Chrome cant reload pages, task manager doesnt turn on - its like theres no communication with my disk. To fix this problem I need to turn off WVSX via tray icon and then pc is alive again. Last time I got this problem was yesterday when my PC was on for like 10h.
Hi AXYZE,

Sorry for the late. Please wait for our next version 3.01 to see if the same issue persists or not.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector I love the beta so far. Slightly heavier than usual, but feels very powerful.
Love the maximum security option on both hips and firewall, lots of detailed and useful information.
I have several questions:

1: Price range, price options? Any consideration for "freemium" [premium/paid options available to those who want but cannot pay, like ads or referral/recommendations]? Lifetime license offer?
2: Sandbox for manual/automatic analysis of unknown files? Would be nice to have a window with generated report in realtime [process is dropping files in (location), process is running but no GUI, process is modifying registry keys, process is scanning usual documents/files location, process is changing extension of files, process will persist post reboot, process is trying to download files from (server location)], etc...? To generate realtime report and risk score based on suspicious actions...
3: VirusTotal score on both HIPS and Firewall dialog prompt with link to result?
4: Task manager with mass auto kill of all processes which are suspicious, infected, not signed and not Microsoft, useful for cleaning an infected system?
5: Option in the installer, to choose [INFECTED mode], which will set lockdown mode for all processes, scan and clean all malicious files, reboot and set normal mode for a machine.

Hi GakunGak,

Sorry for the Late Reply.

The price has not yet been determined, but the price must be affordable. There will be no lifetime version, it is certain that there will be no ads, either in the free version or in the paid version.

Our focus still on preventing malware from infecting the system. So i don't think we will develop that task manager feature, and it's hard to determine which processes should be terminated.

The security market is full of Sandbox products, and until we have a clear point of innovation, we will not develop sandbox. Also we may not consider adding VT score. since ZeroDay malware is not present in VirusTotal. In this case it would be necessary to upload the files to VT, which would violate user's privacy and affect efficiency.

After 3.0 users can write custom rules, it is easy to write a rule that prevent all programs from launching.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Since I updated to 3.00, my laptop has been hanging on reboot unless I reboot it straight after startup.

I've been hunting around the event viewer and Google for days for the culprit, and even did a refresh install (Windows 11).

It turns out it's almost certainly WV. If I exit WV, my laptop restarts fine. I see this in the event log when the restarts fail

The description for Event ID 105 from source WiseVector Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

Is there a setting I can change to fix it? (I've already tried turning off the tamper protection)

Hi cliffspab,

We have installed and tested 3.0 on Windows 11 when it was first introduced, and it worked fine without any problems.o_O

It looks like the WVSX's service entries were deleted? Please open the Services Manager and see if this "WiseVector Service" item exists or not.

To open Services Manager, press the Win + R keys on your keyboard, to open the Run window. Then, type "services.msc" and hit Enter or press OK.

GakunGak

Level 1
Jul 4, 2011
Hi GakunGak,

Sorry for the Late Reply.

The price has not yet been determined, but the price must be affordable. There will be no lifetime version, it is certain that there will be no ads, either in the free version or in the paid version.

Our focus still on preventing malware from infecting the system. So i don't think we will develop that task manager feature, and it's hard to determine which processes should be terminated.

The security market is full of Sandbox products, and until we have a clear point of innovation, we will not develop sandbox. Also we may not consider adding VT score. since ZeroDay malware is not present in VirusTotal. In this case it would be necessary to upload the files to VT, which would violate user's privacy and affect efficiency.

After 3.0 users can write custom rules, it is easy to write a rule that prevent all programs from launching.
Much appreciated all your kind response.

AXYZE

Level 1
Feb 9, 2020
Hi AXYZE,

Sorry for the late. Please wait for our next version 3.01 to see if the same issue persists or not.
I investigated a little. This problem is caused by "Enable real-time deep memory inspection" and "Enable instruction tracer".
It occurs when I'm switching between apps after PC is running for couple of hours. Usually when I switch from Chrome to any other app like Spotify or uTorrent. If I disable both options when this problem happens then everything works fine after 5 seconds. I can enable these options once again and then it works fine. Could I somehow monitor what WiseVector is doing exactly when this problem occurs? I think it is in some kind of loop and tries to check something over and over and that causes this whole I/O block. I would like to help, but I don't know how to gather useful information for you.

cliffspab

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 4, 2019
Hi cliffspab,

We have installed and tested 3.0 on Windows 11 when it was first introduced, and it worked fine without any problems.o_O

It looks like the WVSX's service entries were deleted? Please open the Services Manager and see if this "WiseVector Service" item exists or not.

To open Services Manager, press the Win + R keys on your keyboard, to open the Run window. Then, type "services.msc" and hit Enter or press OK.
Thank you for the reply, I'll take a look, but the problem seems to have resolved itself for the moment. I actually did a 'cleaner' install of Win11, so it may not have been your wonderful AV. I'm really looking forward to the day I can finally register it in the Windows Security Centre! (Particularly now it has a firewall too, while remaining feather-light)

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I investigated a little. This problem is caused by "Enable real-time deep memory inspection" and "Enable instruction tracer".
It occurs when I'm switching between apps after PC is running for couple of hours. Usually when I switch from Chrome to any other app like Spotify or uTorrent. If I disable both options when this problem happens then everything works fine after 5 seconds. I can enable these options once again and then it works fine. Could I somehow monitor what WiseVector is doing exactly when this problem occurs? I think it is in some kind of loop and tries to check something over and over and that causes this whole I/O block. I would like to help, but I don't know how to gather useful information for you.
Hello,
Thanks a lot!
Now you are using v2.73 or beta 3.0?
Dose this issue occur very frequently?

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Here is the Changelog for WiseVector 3.0.1 Beta

WiseVector StopX V3.01 Beta​

July 15, 2021

1. Fix the issue that the program may crash under certain circumstances.

2. Fix the issue that may cause computer freezes.

3. Fixed a bug in firewall driver that may cause BSOD.

4. Fixed the high CPU usage when the network traffic is high.

5. Fix the problem that the software updates may fail under Windows XP system and also optimized resource usage in XP.

6. Optimized the firewall for maximum performance.

7. Now only prompt once for the same malicious DNS queries, to avoid too many popups.

8. Other bug fixes.

Download at: https://update2.wisevector.com/WiseVector_StopX_V30.exe

@WiseVector have you get my email from So 11.07.2021 19:46

With best Regards
Mops21

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.