Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Why are people running other av's when this one(Wisevector) is very much sufficient. It is overkill to run 2 av's.
I am using a second antivirus just because WiseVector does not yet register in Windows Security Center. If I was to use WiseVector by itself, then Windows would want to keep Microsoft Defender enabled. While you can disable MD with the Defender Control tool, I've found that eventually, Windows will decide to activate it again.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I am using a second antivirus just because WiseVector does not yet register in Windows Security Center. If I was to use WiseVector by itself, then Windows would want to keep Microsoft Defender enabled. While you can disable MD with the Defender Control tool, I've found that eventually, Windows will decide to activate it again.
I have WD de-activated and it has never asked to be activated again I used the sordum tool and it works well.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I have WD de-activated and it has never asked to be activated again I used the sordum tool and it works well.
I've had an issue multiple times. Maybe it's only an issue with older versions of Defender Control?
What happened to the paid product WV supposed to offer
It's still being developed.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
KMPlayer can't be started while WV 3 is running. The process simply closes before the program window appears. Nothing appears in VW's logs.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
KMPlayer can't be started while WV 3 is running. The process simply closes before the program window appears. Nothing appears in VW's logs.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. The problem has been fixed, please keep your WVSX up to date. ;)

dlr5668

Jan 4, 2021
What happened to the paid product WV supposed to offer
I think its really close

65fa14ff1f9d6df1d1787bb570771e2e443e3a81009a40d934799f57e2d8179f.png

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
hi, I don't know if anyone already asked this.
I would like to know if the Machine Learning option is set to High or Aggressive, is there any impact on CPU usage or performance of the PC? Does "normal" use less CPU or they are all the same?

thank you

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
I realy don't know if someone else posted this tests here, sorry for posting again, but I found some realy interesting stuff on yt about wvsx.
Here is the link. These are some different tests than you see on pcsc. The AI and BB techniques that wvsx uses realy impressed me.
Keep up the good work @WiseVector ! 🥂
Edit: sorry for posting again, if it was allready posted.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
hi, I don't know if anyone already asked this.
I would like to know if the Machine Learning option is set to High or Aggressive, is there any impact on CPU usage or performance of the PC? Does "normal" use less CPU or they are all the same?

thank you
Hi,

With different protection levels, the CPU usage is the same.
Setting on Aggressive, WiseVector StopX can detect more suspicious files during static scanning, but there might be more false positives.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Hello @WiseVector :)

I tested WiseVector BETA with Avira Pro on another computer, Windows has trouble shutting down...
A problem of compatibility? Because once Wise uninstalled, no more worries :/
Hi,

Is there any prompt showing the reason why Windows can't shut down?
We have tested, 3.01 beta can work well with Avira Pro.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012

Hi just put kmplayer in exceptions but before that kill the kmplayer process ,then try to open player again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.